Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I purchased my home in October of 2014 and it included 6 months of a AHS warranty. Being a first time home owner and a single person I continued this warranty for $59.61 a month that included plumbing and pipes .

In March of 2019 I had a leaking pipe and a flood in the basement and filed a claim online . I was texted that A and S Mechanical will be contacting me and I waited and no call. I called the contractor and they told me “some time tomorrow “ they would be coming after I paid a additional $106 deductible. My basement was flooding and I could not use any sink or flush the toilet.

I called AHS a total of 4 times with a total hold time of 2 hours and I was hung up on 3 times. These calls go to a call center in India and the technician for A-and S Mechanical Stated that of AHS expidited my claim he could fix it that night. I got absolutely no where with customer services she was told I had to pay a additional $106 for expidited service or to switch a contractor and wait 24-48 hours. I had to pay $465 out of pocket with another plumber who showed up in 30 minutes from my call.

So why have I paid monthly with a total of over $2,000 to have this warranty for no service and additional fees and horrible customer service? This is a scam company that does not deliver on promises.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Claim.

Comments

Now you understand the workings of "home warranty" companies ; just like insurance companies - delay and deny. Dump them like a hot potato, save your money, and make your on choices about repairs and such ; you did well and saved money when you followed that advice. Don't be afraid of (first time owner) home ownership ; 85% of the things that go wrong are cheaper than that phony insurance.