College Station, Texas
2.3
Service Scheduling

American Home Shield seems to do whatever it takes to get you to give up. After holding for over 30 minutes, the first representative told me simply that my repair was not covered, but could not tell me why; she could only tell me what was in the notes, which did not fully explain.

After promising I wouldn't have to be on hold but for a couple of minutes, she transferred me to someone who could supposedly tell me more. After waiting another 20 minutes on hold, another representative, who could also only tell me what was in the notes, put me on hold again while she went to get an HVAC expert. 20 minutes later, another associate answered, who could also only tell me what was in the notes. I'm convinced they were waiting on me to give up.

Then, they told me that my thermostat that controlled my HVAC system was a "computerized add-on" and that it was not covered. When I asked for a legal definition of computerized add-on, and how a T-stat could be considered an add-on, they of course could not produce one, but simply stated that it wasn't covered. When I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, I was told that they weren't going to transfer me because it didn't matter, the component wasn't covered. IT DIDN'T MATTER!

Can you believe they refused to transfer me to a supervisor? i guess CUSTOMERS DON'T MATTER TO AHS!

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Pros: Ability to submit service request.

American Home Shield Cons: Intentional delay, Lack of clarity, Inability to define contract terms.

• Poor Support

Comments

Yes , they have not called me back in almost a month for questions on my dishwasher , I keep calling but just keep getting the run around