District Heights, Maryland

I've been with American Home Shields for 8 years. After the 2nd yr.

I've had to call them each year sometimes twice in 1 summer about my air conditioner. The tech won't or can't do the job. Finally get one that did a complete inspection said part needs to be replace was told by AHS they were sending someone else to confirm they (other co.) didn't even check told me it's going to be repaired again and that AHS is not in the business of replacing just repairing. Than received email from AHS saying I have to pay for all the freon.

The company that said coil needs to be replace was charging me $690 for the freon but the second company said said it will be repaired said my cost for freon will be over $1,200. Of course I go email shortly after from AHS saying they were going with 2nd company. Costing me double but they they're saving I guess that's what important to them. And please don't think about calling to get any assistance, it's not going to happen.

Apologetic, 1 rep. had me on phone for 2 hrs. promised she was going to help and that it was not fair what I was going through. Each time I call I always start out with "if we get cut off can you call me back" oh yes.

Lol. Call her at 5pm at 7pm got a recording person answer asked how can she help me.

I told her she couldn't, explained what had just happened and said goodbye. Time to cut my losses and find a company who cares about their customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Warranty.

Reason of review: All the above.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I had a similar experience with my AC. All these home protection policies are a big scam.

The repair people didn't not know how to diagnose properly, I had the failure 3x as they replaced thevcrappy pert time after time. My advise run as fast as you can and NEVER sign onto to this BS so called coverage.

People keep your money. BTW you cannot even email AHS because they don't want records of their shady ways.

American Home Shield Reviews