56 views
Verified Reviewer

1.5

My hot water leaked on a weekend in the middle of winter. I had to get it fixed fast.

AHS had no live agents and the automated system wanted me to pay the deductible with giving me any idea if I would be dispatch an emergency service etc. I would not pay for something without knowing exactly and approximate time of receiving the service. I went ahead and did the job on my own and AHS (even though they asked me to fax the receipts) never responded not any of the managers when I repeatedly left messages. Wait time for all calls were at least 45 mins plus and 80% of the agents did not understand English very well.

They start with apologizing profusely and the lines are generally cut when they cannot solve the issues. VERY IMPORTANT - the only time you get USA agents who are more experienced etc is when you inquire for new memberships - that's where the sugar coating starts. AHS claims generally hide behind offshore agents etc. I was lucky to get hold of a AHS local agent who I only got through when I posed as a new customer, she was very good and tried to talk me out of cancelling my policy and said she would give me some local numbers to call etc.

I think the management hide behind bogus email addresses. ( because none of the email addresses published online worked in my case) At the end, I got nothing, last agent tried to talk me out of cancelling again. More embarrassing was I had also encouraged my neighbor to join AHS long before my claim and their hot water went down too. It took AHS almost a week to come and check and they said it would take a further week and a half for repairs.

The neighbor kicked out AHS also lost money and they had to pay a couple of thousands to get it done elsewhere. I was so embarrassed because I was the one that recommended AHS in the beginning. AHS has lied to me in my case, did not reimburse any repairs, did not return any correspondence or phone calls. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

They might seem the best of the lost but its the opposite.

I tried and got short changed badly.

I recently received 2 emails from AHS stating that they want be back. REALLY???NO

Comments

Too bad you and your neighbor did not check the reviews here before you signed up. How do people believe they can get a lot for a little?

American Home Shield Reviews