Broken ignitor on my wood pellet burning stove. Sent and electrician out who couldn't fix it, said I need an appliance repair person.

Paid the $75 as per my contract.

Called back to schedule an appliance repair person and told this is not a covered item. Now they won't give me my $75 back.

Not my fault.

They won't let me speak with a supervisor. Rude and a total waste of hours on the phone.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

American Home Shield Pros: Setting up original appointment.

American Home Shield Cons: Professionalism, Wait time on online chat over 30 minutes.

Comments

Home warranties are worthless. They only pay the electrician and the appliance repair person the service fee that you paid, so AHS is out nothing.

The repair people only make money (and $75 is nothing for someone running a business) when the customer gets little or nothing in return, or the customer has to pay out of pocket. You are much better off saving the money you spend on worthless insurance policies and warranties, and finding your own repair people. I know, everything is so expensive nowadays, but it is expensive to be in business, and the US Dollar is so worthless, it takes so much money to get ANYTHING.

Therefore, people turn to worthless plans like these because they sound too good to be true. It’s because they are!

American Home Shield Reviews