Kennesaw, Georgia
Service Scheduling

I am a new home owner and being spent good amount on home purchase, I decided to have home warranty as well. So I signed up with AHS over a year ago and I got everything covered/offered by AHS It was like multi combination. Since the day I signed up I never used or required their service since I usually maintain everything in good condition and I also hire people on regular basis for maintenance services.

Recently I started having issues with my pool filtration & I was informed by leslies & other local companies which I use for maintenance that I have a filtration issue which needs to be fixed.

So I called up AHS on 08-17-14 after checking & confirming the issue is covered under warranty under my contract , they created a work order and hooked me up with some company called Aqua tech & was told would get a call from them and a visit. I never got a call from them nor a visit even after me calling and leaving messages. So I called AHS again on 08-25-14 so this time they created a new work order and assigned me a company called Alison pools. The technician came on 08-26-14 & diagnosed and informed me they there was that the cap/manifold & air stem of the filter is cracked which is due to normal wear & tear and my pool is very well maintained.

He also informed me that these parts are covered under warranty and he will submit a quote to AHS for approval and I should get an answer in couple of days. I called AHS again to follow-up on 08-29-14, I was told that the technician is waiting to get the price on the parts to provide to AHS as it being a long weekend.

Today 09-02-14 I got a call from AHS saying that my parts are not covered since the tech has informed AHS that parts are not covered under warranty and that my pool is not maintained properly.

I CAN GURANTEE AND PROVE TO AHS THAT MY POOL IS VERY WELL MAINTAINED through local leslies pool stores where I always purchase my chemicals and which has my tests reports. Also can prove that my pool filter was cleaned regularly and cleaned twice in last 3months because of this issue. with two different companies.

How can a consumer can damage a cap/manifold inside the filter which is sealed and causes for cracks on the plastic are caused by erosion due to water flow and normal wear & tear. Moreover this pool almost new built around 2011/2012.

Secondly why AHS waited to deny the claim till the contractor provided price for service/parts on 09-02-14, when they could have denied it 08-26-14 if it really was not covered and not well maintained.

Amazing part is that the cost of the part when verified other pool service guys is around $120 & $75 for labor. I paid $75 copay so far to AHS contractor. So one can imagine when they do not pay/cover small amounts how can one expect them to cover expensive ones.

I FEEL THAT AHS IS TRYING TO RIP OFF CONSUMERS BY DENYING GENUINE CLAIMS WITH THE HELP OF HAND IN GLOVE CONTRACTORS.

ANY VIEWER PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM AHS, SO WILL I FROM TODAY.

I WILL BE TRYING TO REACH AS MANY HOME OWNERS THROUGH ONLINE AND OTHER MEDIUMS TO WARN THEM OF AHS AND THEIR PRATICES AND WILL TRY TO EXPLORE OTHER LEGAL AVENUES TO TAKE ON AHS SINCE I FEEL SO CHEATED FOR BEING GOOD CUSTOMER AND PAYING BILLS ON TIME THRU AUTO-PAY.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

AHS Contract Disclaimer: "Service requests are subject to a fee for each trade call. Some exclusions and limitations apply."