Richard T Vlm

Warning

I stayed with them longer than I should. So many issues with this company. The level of contractors is for the most part bad. Its hard to get a refund. We paid $500 to upgrade the equipment, 2 years later still no equipment it took a year to get a refund. They send in people who break things, then some other company to fix it, again a second fee, it just goes on and on. I cancelled this morning, that took 3 days to do. They try to get you to stay, you say no and they keep right on, you end up screaming at them. You can't understand most of the people. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY.
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • To many to list
Deborah C Lzw

| map-marker Warner Robins, Georgia

Problem unresolved

Updated by user Mar 25, 2024

Call them to explain our water heater went out back in December I have been told over and over again like six times now that we didn't do this like send a receipt or or get the guy that put our thing in to call when he called five or six times you know they're they're...

Original review Mar 25, 2024
After 4 months of trying to get reimbursement for the water heater that we ended up having to spend $800 on and had to pay out of pocket which was the agreement with the authorization through American home shield American home shield has decided we only get $300 out of the $800 we spent out which was my cushion to be able to get my cancer treatment now I can't get my cancer treatment because American home shield has decided we don't deserve to have the $800 that we spent out taking them at their word that they were going to pay the reimbursement if we paid the contractor which we did and good faith thinking you know hey everything's going to be okay it took 4 months and they have sent $300 is going to take 21 more days to get because American home shield does not stand by what they say they're going to do they do not stand by their word they are thieves cheaters and liars! I would never ever ever use them ever if I were you I would look somewhere else for some home insurance because they will not do what they say they are going to do they will jerk you around for months at a time and they will not do you right don't use this company they are a piece of crap!

I have cancer I have 6 months to a year to live and now I can't even finish getting any kind of treatment for my cancer because American home shield is a bunch of liars they are not doing what they say they were going to do and I have proof and I will be going to a lawyer and I will be going to the new station so the entire country knows don't use this stupid company because they're going to lie to you and cheat you out of all your heart and money and they're going to steal what's rightfully yours! As you can see that first one says that American home shield will replace the cost of the water heater ( not a quarter not a third not any fraction of what was actually paid parentheses it says it will replace they will replace the cost of the water heater less than what the contractor was. Am I wrong? No I'm not wrong because that was the agreement we were to pay the contractor out of pocket and they were going to replace the water heater we dipped into our cushion That was supposed to help me get my cancer treatments and keep us with our heads above water!

They have jerked me around and my husband around for months 4 months to be exact told us this Dad or the other told us this life that or the other and then still most of the money that we put into it!

This is wrong on so many levels they are stealing our heart hard money we have been a customer for 30 or more years and that's over 3 Grand that they have not failed to withdraw from auto pay every single month and when you have an issue that needs to be addressed they take that money automatically before they even see anything in your house and see if it's broken! But that's okay I'm going to make sure everybody in this country knows do not ever do business with American home shield and I will be going to a lawyer to sue your pants off and I may not get all my money back I may die before it actually happens but I will make sure that everybody in this country knows do not use American home shield because they will still your clothes off your back and they will make sure that they don't do what they say they're going to do and they'll jerk you around for months months and months thinking you're going to just stop worrying about it and let it go away or let them get away with it they picked the wrong person to cross this time I promise you that the CEO and the CFO I hope you all are listening Tillman and what was the other guy's name I can't remember his name off the top of my head but I will make sure that the company home office gets a very nice letter with every amount of stuff from me
Loss:
Cons:
  • All cons do not follow through with the job
  • Retention department - deceptive practices
  • No care for the customer

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I would never recommend this company to anyone ever! They are liars cheaters and thieves! And they take advantage of people who are sick with cancer and they think doesn't have a brain cell in their body

Deborah C Lzw

Also I get the check for $300 and they put Deborah C III????? My husband has the III @ THE END OF HIS NAME.

WHAT THE HECK ARE YALL DOING IP THERE? This crap is so stupid you just can't make this *** up!

My grandchild at the age of 2 could and would do a better job. This is ridiculous

Ci C Ixp

Verified Reviewer

Breach of contract/destruction of property

Why is it IMPOSSIBLE to get a number for frontdoor's corporate office? I have been dealing with American home shield for going on 4 months to have my washer repaired.

The initial work order was contracted out to whirlpool (who only supplies parts) who then contracted out to Lewis Appliance. Lewis appliance came out two weeks later after I filed the initial claim to have my washer fixed, and the service guy Joe literally took my entire washer apart, banged on it with a 4x4 piece of wood saying he couldn't get a certain part off, and when that didn't work, he put all of the pieces back in to the basket of my washer and said he had to order more parts and left. We waited...and waited...and finally called after weeks of hearing nothing and we were told that if we called again we would be waiting even longer because they weren't going to put the order in for another 2 weeks. We were treated horribly by AHS, whirlpool, and especially Lewis appliance.

We requested Lewis appliance not come back on to our property after the things they said and did, and wanted to go with another contractor. By this time it had already been 2 months since I filed the claim. AHS made us pay ANOTHER fee for a new contractor, who was Mr. Appliance.

Mr. Appliance came out, they were very professional and did things properly. They estimated that to fix the washer it would be OVER $2000 worth because of the damage that Lewis appliance did. AHS denied the claim saying they were not responsible for damage done by a contractor.

WRONG. I spoke with atleast 20 different people through many many MANY phone calls and hours of relaying what's happened over and over to so many people. Finally spoke with someone in the escalations department at AHS who reached out to contractor relations at AHS, and waited almost 3 weeks to hear back from contractor relations who stated that Lewis appliance needed to return to my home to put the parts back on my washer. I repeatedly said I didn't feel safe with them coming to my home, didn't want them on my property, and repeatedly asked for a new appliance company.

I was denied and told only Lewis appliance could come out. We were lied to by whirlpool that Lewis appliance was the only contractor in the area that was certified with them. We researched and found almost 15 other appliance repair companies in the same area that were also whirlpool certified. A second request was made through AHS to whirlpool to have my washer fixed, and I PLEADED with AHS to state to whirlpool that Lewis appliance was NOT to be used, especially since they threatened me, made unannounced visits at 8am, and left me threatening voice-mail messages.

Whirlpool immediately contracted Lewis appliance AGAIN. this was 2 weeks ago. I have received no phone calls or emails from whirlpool. I contacted AHS again for the 50th time, and they put in ANOTHER contractor relations request, and I was told I would receive a call last Friday.

It's now Wednesday and I've received no call. I have been hung up on MULTIPLE TIMES by customer support through AHS. I have been lied to by customer service through AHS. They say they'll call, and no one calls.

They have a script that they stick to and they won't give you any supervisors number or way to speak with anyone higher up to resolve issues. They put you in the endless circle of runaround. Here it is, 4 months later, and I have a completely busted washer that originally only required a new gear box/motor, that is 100% non-functioning. I'm being told it's not their fault.

This is literally a scam and breach of contract. I've paid 2 service fees and was denied a refund despite no one ever fixing anything, and instead destroying my property. I've tried multiple times to get ahold of frontdoor to get this issue resolved, to no avail. What has been done to me is illegal, and I'm being forced to take legal recourse.

Being forced to involve law enforcement. If this was right then that means they can go to anyone's home, destroy their property, and turn around and deny the claims stating they don't cover contractor damage.

$2000

Preferred solution: REPLACE MY WASHER!!

Lawrence S Cpl

Failure to honor contract

Updated by user Oct 12, 2023

To date I’ve filed complaints with the BBB, the Dept of insurance, the AG office, and finally filed for arbitration to try to resolve the matter

Updated by user Oct 06, 2023

Never again.

Original review Oct 05, 2023
I had an account with them for over 16 years. Like most of the people here, I've had issues with my two air conditioning units for probably the last ten years where they would leak, I'd pay to have an AHS contractor come out.

Each time they would add freon and charge me. Last year, they added 4 lbs of freon to each of my units charging me around $800.
This year, my upstairs unit broke. the AHS contractor determined the compressor went out. AHS had me call them after they received the estimate from the contractor.

They claimed I needed to pay $2,895 out of pocket for "modifications" that weren't covered... basically the labor to replace the compressor. The cash in lieu offer was $525.00. The modifications they claim necessary were:
refrigerant line modification - $650.00
electrical line modification - $540.00
condenser pad modification - $440.00
freon - 11 lbs at $115 per pound - $1,265.00
I went through calling their third world call center numerous times, requesting to speak to supervisors, being sent to their "escalation" department...

all to get me more and more frustrated and never ever getting an actual supervisor or anyone in the US.
Because of my complaints with the DOI and BBB, they had a rep contact me. However, throughout the process she repeatedly lowballed me when I was looking for fair treatment. They advised me that the recommendation was for condenser replacement.

I sent them an estimate for condenser replacement and requested cash in lieu of $5,855, the part they are responsible for. They again lowballed me offering a much smaller amount.
In the meantime, we've purchased several tower fans in order to deal with triple digit heat and make it more tolerable for my little kids to sleep.
Also, the second unit isn't cooling properly again.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Does not honor contract
  • Hides all contact numbers
  • Shady contracted companies

Preferred solution: Cash in lieu for the cost of the replacement of the condenser ($5,855.00), which is much less than the amount of the replacement of both systems.

User's recommendation: Avoid this company

Candelario Mpl

Deplorable service

American Home Shield - Deplorable service

Our gas furnace quit. We called AHS on 1/24/24.

They sent a tec out the am of 1/26. This fella didnt realize that furnaces at ours age didnt have dual gas valves so the claim was denied and we asked for a second opinion. That occured also on 1/26 (Friday) a tec from Gibson heating and AC in Cathedral city CA. Came out and said he sent his diagnosis to AHS that afternoon.

On Monday, no contact with us. Tuesday 1/30 we called AHS and they said they would get in touch with Gibson and get the process underway. To make a long story short, they were unable to contact Gibson and neither could we. AHS on Tues Jan 29, said they were sending Field Agent to localte Gibson Heating and AC and for us to be patient .

This was 10 days after the original tec visit. We continued this back and forth talk with them not able to contact Gibson. On February second they continued to tell us to be patient. We are in our 80s and the night temperatures were in the mid 40s.

So on February 5th we called a local business and they installed a new furnace for $4150 and we have been nice and warm ever since. By the way on Feb 5th we called AHS and cancelled the contract.

So much be on hold for 2 weeks + with no heat. Would warn others to beware of using their service.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Company sent tec from a company but all downhill from there

Preferred solution: Had to pay personally for a new furnace

User's recommendation: Don’t use

Peter K Drk

HORRIBLE coverage & customer service

Where do I start? I've been with AHS approximately 15 years & at one time they used to be a great company!

In the past five years I've had more service requests turned down due to my contract all of the sudden not covering the issues! I recently had a hot water heater request turned down. The hot water heater is 23 years old, has sediment in the lines and hot water moves through the house the speed of a snail, if it even moves at all! I had the lovely Lindsay plumbing company, here in Houston, assigned to come out, theyre horrible as well, and they told me that the hot water heater wasn't working.

Well, the tech told AHS that it was working. So of course AHS denied coverage AND repair to my 23 year old hot water heater!

Needless to say I was furious so I called AHS to find out why my coverage was denied. I sat on hold for 20 minutes before talking to a woman, who I could just about understand, who then sent me to the escalation department for another 20 minute hold. When I was finally helped, I was told that nothing is covered for my hot water heater.

I told her I wanted to cancel my contract, so then I spend another 20 minutes with a woman who tried to keep me by giving me every possible perk she could think of EXCEPT for actually doing the job that I'm paying them to do, i.e. fix issues with my home!

She told me that they go off of the recommendation of the service company they send out. That would mean that the Lindsey company that gave me one story and gave AHS another! I truly believe that AHS specifically hires companies that are not the most reputable, and want to charge you full amounts and not do any repairs through your contract.

The technician I had, tried to sell me a $2000 water heater, after him and AHS decided that my water heater was not old enough to be worked on through my contract. I know for a fact that I can get a hot water heater for less than that.

I believe that AHS has a deal with their contractors to try to screw homeowners out of their service fee and contract.

She tried refunding my $100 service fee, refunding me next month's contract fee & just trying to talk me out of canceling it and I told her no on everything.

So then the sweet Asian lady goes full psycho, gets upset and decided that now she was going to be Miss Bossy & charge me a $23 charge for cancelling my contract! I don't know where these people are coming from, (oh yes i do theyre all coming from somewhere in Asia considering how difficult it is to understand any of them), but there's no way i would ever recommend this company to anyone!

Preferred solution: I want people to know how horrible this company is! From their customer service to their coverage it's horrible

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY!!

Noland C

Verified Reviewer

Don't waste your time or money

In November 2023 I began experiencing issues with my cooktop oven. The oven appeared to overheat, burning my food in the process. I called AHS and paid the service call fee. The following month a technician came to my home and found that the control panel was failing. The technician forwarded the information to AHS and afterward is where the deepest frustration starts. Supposedly a part was ordered and was to come out to my home, it never did.

I received a call from the same technician on February 23, 2024, asking if I knew what was going on because he had a work order to come out to my home to install the part. Of course, I had no idea what he was talking about because NO ONE FROM AHS WAS COMMUNCIATING WITH ME AS TO WHAT WAS GOING ON. THe technician stated that he was not aware as to what was going on either since no one had communicated to him either. When I called AHS back, I was told that they're still waiting on the part ONLY AFTER I WAS INITIALLY TOLD THAT THE PART WAS ALREADY ORDERED (LIARS)! Another week or two had passed and I hadn't gotten a call or anything from anyone at AHS. Any communication I received was because I initiated the call. I also made several attempts to reach out to the contracting company to find out what was going on but would often wait on average of 30mins or more for someone to come to the phone.

LET'S JUMP AHEAD A BIT!!!

Here it is March 27, 2024, and I still do not have a functioning stove. I constantly have to eat out or go to family to eat at their house because my stove is not working properly and continues to either burn or unevenly cook my food. THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN ONGOING SINCE NOVEMBER 2023. WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS?! On March 25, 2024, a technician was supposed to come back out to my home in order to get the control panel for repairs because now the part cannot be found and they'd rather repair the panel versus replacing the stove. WHAT THE *** AM I PAYING YOU GUYS FOR?!

DO NOT WASTE YOU TIME OR MONEY WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!I

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I wouldn't recommend AHS to anyone. There is a deep lack of empathy and no customer service skills.

map-marker Yakima, Washington

Very poor customer service

American Home Shield - Very poor customer service

The day before Thanksgiving of 2023 my hot water heater went out. One of my Thanksgiving gas happened to be an electrician and checked to see what the problem was.

Discovered that at least one if not both of the elements in the water heater needed to be replaced. I contacted American Home Shield who had one of their contractors contact me. That company sent out two incompetent technicians who said that there was electricity going into the tank, but not coming out of it. They stated that we needed to call an electrician because we had an electrical problem.

When they showed up, they did not have the proper equipment to even test the water tank and reported back to the company that the water heater needed to be replaced and it was under war. The water heater did not need to be replaced the elements I tried to contact American Home Shield and the company I kept getting the runaround American Home Shield said I was going to have to pay an additional $278 to have it fixed through them but that was only a quote. I received an email from the company that they had sent out and they stated they wanted $2500 to replace the water heater. Plus I was supposed to buy the water heater for them.

We desperately needed hot water in the house so I made another contact to a reputable company, they sent out a technician who had the problem diagnosed and fixed within one hour of his arrival. It was the elements I have attached a photo after several attempts to contact a manager and share with them calmly, my concerns. I finally got a hold of somebody who said its not their problem they were not gonna refund my hundred dollars that they were given to send somebody out to have the heater tested And I should have let them finish the work. I had to call them at least six times to speak to a manager who was less than helpful.

anyone that is considering purchasing an American Home Shield warranty plan best think about it twice of what you might be getting into. They are rude and customer service.

There is less than acceptable. By the way I now have hot water and Im very happy they listen to me in the first place, none of this wouldve happened just replace the elements and move on with it.

User's recommendation: Steer clear

Guest

My family is having a very similar issue. This company is scandalous. Very unprofessional and rude.

Jerry B Jch

Absolutely no REAL Customer Service

Had an issue with a gas furnace of which AHS sent out a Service PRO who worked on the furnace and got it going after several call backs. It's now March and I'm still have the same issue.

I called and was told that I had to open a new request as the old request was more than 30 days old. A new request was generated and was told the same company would be coming out to look at the issue again. The company came out but, the next day went online to look at my account and see a different company was assigned even after being told that the original company would be coming out. When I opened a chat to discuss this I was told they can't assign specific companies and that I would have to pay the original Service Pro myself even though I was told differently.

The chat was TERRIBLE and nothing was resolved even after asking that the new company be changed to the original Service Pro since they had come out that same evening the new request was generated. I ask for a supervisor number only to be told that they would contact be within 24-48 hours? That's HORRIBLE! I never heard from the new company that was assigned but the company that did the initial work in November did?

AHS never provided me a contact for a supervisor even after 3 requests. I felt the chat individual just wanted to blow me off. If your researching home warranties I would highly recommend you look deep into the customer service side of the business. This warranty was provided to us by our real estate agent as a thank you for the business.

I will be contacting her to recommend she may want to look at other companies.

Too bad they can't seem to follow thru with a promise on the second service request. The first request went ok.

Preferred solution: Service Pro reassignment on my service request to the original Service Pro that came out.

User's recommendation: RESEARCH BEFOR YOU BUY

Jisselle R

| map-marker Daly City, California

NO HELP WAS GIVEN

American Home Shield - NO HELP WAS GIVEN
Original review Dec 13, 2023

KRIS is one of the supervisors and let me just say she is absolutely TERRIBLE. would not let me escalate my call any further or talk to another supervisor for a confirmation/second opinion.

when i requested a new ticket be made to speak to somebody else/escalate the issue, she muted her mic and stopped talking to me. i can be very patient so i stayed on the phone trying to speak to her for exactly an hour and 11 minutes until she decided to hang up on me. absolutely unacceptable to be that unprofessional and petty when all i asked was to speak to somebody else.

i need an appliance repaired, you know, cause that's what i pay this company for, and they're giving me an option of either waiting 10-15 weeks for the part OR getting a cash payout. the cash payout is NOT enough to even replace the kind of appliance that i have PLUS to hire ANOTHER contractor to replace it/fix it for me.

AHS can go to another company for their parts but they're choosing to stick with a third party instead of going straight to the source of the company that DOES have the part ON HAND where i do not have to wait that long.

it's a loss either way!

i wait for WEEKS/MONTHS for the part or i accept money being thrown at me that would not even cover the parts+labor of a new contractor that I would have to find myself.

i pay AHS so i dont have to do that work. do not go with american home shield.

User's recommendation: stay away from AHS. not helpful at all.

Lacey G Hwn

Disappointed

I rarely write reviews, but my recent experience with American Shield Home Insurance compels me to warn others. In early February, I contacted them regarding my HVAC system, which was failing to produce heat.

They promptly sent a technician to diagnose the problem, which seemed promising at first. However, the repair needed replacing a damper within the ductwork was unfairly classified by American Shield as a modification, a pretext used to avoid covering the repair costs under my policy.

What followed was a series of frustrating interactions with their customer service team. Each call was met with scripted responses and hollow reassurances, with no tangible action taken to resolve my issue. Promises of follow-up were consistently unfulfilled, leading to a cycle of unproductive conversations and mounting disappointment.

Adding to my frustration, American Shield marked my case as complete in their system, despite the fact that no solution had been provided and the issue remained unresolved.

This not only reflects a lack of professionalism but also a disconcerting disconnect between their customer service promises and actual service delivery.

Overall, my experience with American Shield Home Insurance has been exceedingly disappointing.

The lack of accountability, transparency, and genuine effort to resolve customer issues is alarming. I urge potential customers to consider my experience as a cautionary tale and to carefully evaluate their options when choosing a home insurance provider.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Better off with no insurance, you’ll save more

Resolved
Stefaan B

| map-marker Tarpon Springs, Florida

Resolved: AHS American Home Shield aka Frontdoor - things to know!

AHS American Home Shield aka Frontdoor - things to know!
Updated by user Dec 13, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Early termination fee partially refunded

Original review Nov 28, 2023
Name is confusing, isnt it? But thats not the only thing
I have been with the Shield for more than 2 years, used the service multiple times and I have some serious comments/information for those who want to know.
For all your in-home repairs, the company pulls from their pool of contractors and assigns them to you.

You have no choice in the matter. Their selection is based on those firms who have plenty of availability. Who has plenty open slots? Those companies with a low number of appointments.

Why do they have few commitments? Because they are not that good, not that professional and that is the service you end up with - companies with low review ratings.
Repair parts are ordered through the AHS system. The parts will be same (or lesser) quality. There is never an upgrade in this process.

Especially true for HVAC parts. If you think AHS will replace your entire system, forget it! They will only replace the part that is broken. The parts are ordered and the wait will startwith you in the heat (or in the cold) in the meantime.
I just canceled my contract since I could not see the value of it.

Since you cannot cancel your contract online you need to call the customer service phone number. This painstaking action took 45 minutes. First you talk to the first line of customer service agent (billing) where the agent will try to keep you as a customer by promising you one month a free service. When not agreeing, the call is transferred to member resolution where you are confronted with same questions and speels.

Here I would get two months of free service - go figure. When I finally could get to a cancellation agreement, I was immediately charged a $9.45 cancellation fee. That fee is nowhere mentioned in the contract. Should I sue for that?

Of course not. I am just relieved that from now on I will avoid the useless recurring monthly fees.
AHS is out the Backdoor

Preferred solution: Get my $9.45 back

User's recommendation: Please think before buying

Resolved
Fabiola N Gqc

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Do not sign up with them

Original review Mar 08, 2024
I called this company several times to cancel my memberships only to be hung up on and forwarded. They do not seem to have a termination team because once you get forwarded, of course the call drops. These are not good business practices!!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Unprofessional

Preferred solution: I would like all 3 of my current memberships to be cancelled. And a letter stating that I will no longer be charged

User's recommendation: If you sign up with them, you will not be able to cancel

Home Warranty Expert Talks

Insurance Claims Tips: What Red Flags to Watch Out

Apr 23, 2021

How to file an insurance claim? Why do you need a public adjuster? Vince Perri, CEO of Commercial Claims Advocate, shares his best tips about insurance claims. Find out how to deal with complex residential insurance claims and commercial losses.

Read full article
Vince Perri
Vince Perri

Vince Perri is a Expert Claims Adjuster and CEO of Commercial Claims Advocate. He has over 14 years of experience in handling large commercial losses and complex residential insurance claims.

Alma C Dns

Bad service

This company has been nothing but a great disappointment and heartaches for me.I have had to come out of pocket with thousands of dollars since I been with them and had to have to things repaired,replaced and fixed. I Wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Preferred solution: Repair done at no cost and service fee refunded.

User's recommendation: Do not come yo American homeshield

Magdalena A Jnd

| map-marker Cockeysville, Maryland

American Home Shield - DISPATCH 31905****

I requested a second opinion for the replacement of the water heater at my property on 9324 Bristlecone Dr, Montgomery, AL. 36117 as the first plumbing company you sent K&S Plumbing is a fraudulent company and they are no longer allowed in my property or I will charge them with traspassing.

Look at the BBB review and you will see what I'm talking about. The second opinion was done by BC Plumbing, and they agree that the water heater should be replaced. We want this company to do the replacement of the water heater. They did go to the house on 4/1/2024 at 8:00 am.

We were supposed to hear back from AHS to let us know when they will be scheduled to do the repair within 24 to 48 hours. It's been over 57 hours now and no news. I called the customer service number and they keep telling me that the Authorization Department of the Contractor Relations is to contact us within 24 hours. So far nothing.

Other that the notes on my account on line that says that the service was complete with K&S and that the service was cancelled with BC Plumbing. Please call me at 443-413-**** and let me know the status of this issue asap.

User's recommendation: I do not get a response from AHS eventhough I have called and emailed multiple times

Ralph B Jxv

| map-marker Memphis, Tennessee

Not renewing policy

I take some solace in knowing that there are others who have had a poor experience with American Home Shield.

I am NOT renewing my contract for two reasons.

1) As advertised in their promotions and website, I purchased the policy to cover my major items, such as my pool, HVAC, and appliances. However, when I needed to contact them to file a claim, my claim was denied because the issue was a leaking pipe UNDERGROUND.

The exemption of underground piping needs to be delineated in their materials. And the vast majority of pipes for an in-ground pool are underground. Their advertising and promotions are most deceptive.

2) I requested a repair or replacement when our ceiling fan went out. We have a 2-story home, and the fan is mounted on a 20-foot ceiling.

AHS sent out an electrical, who told me that AHS requires "access" to the fan. I explained that I was home, opened the door, and gave them access.

The electrician added that I had to pay extra for the scaffolding, which I did NOT delineate in the exemptions or contract.

It appears that AHS feeds off of hard-working families and fails to disclose specific exemptions. I will ensure that all of my friends and family are aware and that they do NOT use AHS in the future.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Printed materials look nice
Cons:
  • Lacking detail with what is and is not covered

Preferred solution: Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article