map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

Clogged drains

The plumber did not want to deal with our problem, so he left. The company didnt even give us a call or explanation. What a crappie company.

User's recommendation: Don’t use this company!!!!

Deborah C Lzw

| map-marker Warner Robins, Georgia

Problem unresolved

Updated by user Mar 25, 2024

Call them to explain our water heater went out back in December I have been told over and over again like six times now that we didn't do this like send a receipt or or get the guy that put our thing in to call when he called five or six times you know they're they're...

Original review Mar 25, 2024
After 4 months of trying to get reimbursement for the water heater that we ended up having to spend $800 on and had to pay out of pocket which was the agreement with the authorization through American home shield American home shield has decided we only get $300 out of the $800 we spent out which was my cushion to be able to get my cancer treatment now I can't get my cancer treatment because American home shield has decided we don't deserve to have the $800 that we spent out taking them at their word that they were going to pay the reimbursement if we paid the contractor which we did and good faith thinking you know hey everything's going to be okay it took 4 months and they have sent $300 is going to take 21 more days to get because American home shield does not stand by what they say they're going to do they do not stand by their word they are thieves cheaters and liars! I would never ever ever use them ever if I were you I would look somewhere else for some home insurance because they will not do what they say they are going to do they will jerk you around for months at a time and they will not do you right don't use this company they are a piece of crap!

I have cancer I have 6 months to a year to live and now I can't even finish getting any kind of treatment for my cancer because American home shield is a bunch of liars they are not doing what they say they were going to do and I have proof and I will be going to a lawyer and I will be going to the new station so the entire country knows don't use this stupid company because they're going to lie to you and cheat you out of all your heart and money and they're going to steal what's rightfully yours! As you can see that first one says that American home shield will replace the cost of the water heater ( not a quarter not a third not any fraction of what was actually paid parentheses it says it will replace they will replace the cost of the water heater less than what the contractor was. Am I wrong? No I'm not wrong because that was the agreement we were to pay the contractor out of pocket and they were going to replace the water heater we dipped into our cushion That was supposed to help me get my cancer treatments and keep us with our heads above water!

They have jerked me around and my husband around for months 4 months to be exact told us this Dad or the other told us this life that or the other and then still most of the money that we put into it!

This is wrong on so many levels they are stealing our heart hard money we have been a customer for 30 or more years and that's over 3 Grand that they have not failed to withdraw from auto pay every single month and when you have an issue that needs to be addressed they take that money automatically before they even see anything in your house and see if it's broken! But that's okay I'm going to make sure everybody in this country knows do not ever do business with American home shield and I will be going to a lawyer to sue your pants off and I may not get all my money back I may die before it actually happens but I will make sure that everybody in this country knows do not use American home shield because they will still your clothes off your back and they will make sure that they don't do what they say they're going to do and they'll jerk you around for months months and months thinking you're going to just stop worrying about it and let it go away or let them get away with it they picked the wrong person to cross this time I promise you that the CEO and the CFO I hope you all are listening Tillman and what was the other guy's name I can't remember his name off the top of my head but I will make sure that the company home office gets a very nice letter with every amount of stuff from me
Loss:
Cons:
  • No care for the customer
  • All cons do not follow through with the job
  • Long phone wait

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I would never recommend this company to anyone ever! They are liars cheaters and thieves! And they take advantage of people who are sick with cancer and they think doesn't have a brain cell in their body

Deborah C Lzw

Also I get the check for $300 and they put Deborah C III????? My husband has the III @ THE END OF HIS NAME.

WHAT THE HECK ARE YALL DOING IP THERE? This crap is so stupid you just can't make this *** up!

My grandchild at the age of 2 could and would do a better job. This is ridiculous

Mr G Faa

| map-marker Memphis, Tennessee

Dissatisfied with customer support.

American Home Shield - Dissatisfied with customer support.
American Home Shield - Dissatisfied with customer support. - Image 2
American Home Shield - Dissatisfied with customer support. - Image 3
Original review Apr 24, 2024

I currently have AHS and opted for the payout for 2 failed boilers that a tech did not repair but slapped some wires together but it wasn't safe. I went down the rabbit hole and found some higher level corporate contacts email addresses to share my disappointment with.

I hope this helps anyone else dealing with AHS' slow and relaxed approach to fixing homeowners issues.

The sense of urgency is just not there and the fact that they have outsourced the customer service dept to people in the Philippines and countries in Africa is disappointing. The reason this is all so disappointing is because the people have no sense of empathy and you can tell that they're reading from a script and going through the motions.

Pros:
  • Price competitive
Cons:
  • Tech must get authorization to begin work which wastes time
  • Some techs cut corners with the work
  • Due to their accents

Preferred solution: Cash in lieu payment. For boiler replacement.

Guest

Would you share that email please?

Ci C Ixp

Verified Reviewer

Breach of contract/destruction of property

Why is it IMPOSSIBLE to get a number for frontdoor's corporate office? I have been dealing with American home shield for going on 4 months to have my washer repaired.

The initial work order was contracted out to whirlpool (who only supplies parts) who then contracted out to Lewis Appliance. Lewis appliance came out two weeks later after I filed the initial claim to have my washer fixed, and the service guy Joe literally took my entire washer apart, banged on it with a 4x4 piece of wood saying he couldn't get a certain part off, and when that didn't work, he put all of the pieces back in to the basket of my washer and said he had to order more parts and left. We waited...and waited...and finally called after weeks of hearing nothing and we were told that if we called again we would be waiting even longer because they weren't going to put the order in for another 2 weeks. We were treated horribly by AHS, whirlpool, and especially Lewis appliance.

We requested Lewis appliance not come back on to our property after the things they said and did, and wanted to go with another contractor. By this time it had already been 2 months since I filed the claim. AHS made us pay ANOTHER fee for a new contractor, who was Mr. Appliance.

Mr. Appliance came out, they were very professional and did things properly. They estimated that to fix the washer it would be OVER $2000 worth because of the damage that Lewis appliance did. AHS denied the claim saying they were not responsible for damage done by a contractor.

WRONG. I spoke with atleast 20 different people through many many MANY phone calls and hours of relaying what's happened over and over to so many people. Finally spoke with someone in the escalations department at AHS who reached out to contractor relations at AHS, and waited almost 3 weeks to hear back from contractor relations who stated that Lewis appliance needed to return to my home to put the parts back on my washer. I repeatedly said I didn't feel safe with them coming to my home, didn't want them on my property, and repeatedly asked for a new appliance company.

I was denied and told only Lewis appliance could come out. We were lied to by whirlpool that Lewis appliance was the only contractor in the area that was certified with them. We researched and found almost 15 other appliance repair companies in the same area that were also whirlpool certified. A second request was made through AHS to whirlpool to have my washer fixed, and I PLEADED with AHS to state to whirlpool that Lewis appliance was NOT to be used, especially since they threatened me, made unannounced visits at 8am, and left me threatening voice-mail messages.

Whirlpool immediately contracted Lewis appliance AGAIN. this was 2 weeks ago. I have received no phone calls or emails from whirlpool. I contacted AHS again for the 50th time, and they put in ANOTHER contractor relations request, and I was told I would receive a call last Friday.

It's now Wednesday and I've received no call. I have been hung up on MULTIPLE TIMES by customer support through AHS. I have been lied to by customer service through AHS. They say they'll call, and no one calls.

They have a script that they stick to and they won't give you any supervisors number or way to speak with anyone higher up to resolve issues. They put you in the endless circle of runaround. Here it is, 4 months later, and I have a completely busted washer that originally only required a new gear box/motor, that is 100% non-functioning. I'm being told it's not their fault.

This is literally a scam and breach of contract. I've paid 2 service fees and was denied a refund despite no one ever fixing anything, and instead destroying my property. I've tried multiple times to get ahold of frontdoor to get this issue resolved, to no avail. What has been done to me is illegal, and I'm being forced to take legal recourse.

Being forced to involve law enforcement. If this was right then that means they can go to anyone's home, destroy their property, and turn around and deny the claims stating they don't cover contractor damage.

$2000

Preferred solution: REPLACE MY WASHER!!

Lawrence S Cpl

Failure to honor contract

Updated by user Oct 12, 2023

To date I’ve filed complaints with the BBB, the Dept of insurance, the AG office, and finally filed for arbitration to try to resolve the matter

Updated by user Oct 06, 2023

Never again.

Original review Oct 05, 2023
I had an account with them for over 16 years. Like most of the people here, I've had issues with my two air conditioning units for probably the last ten years where they would leak, I'd pay to have an AHS contractor come out.

Each time they would add freon and charge me. Last year, they added 4 lbs of freon to each of my units charging me around $800.
This year, my upstairs unit broke. the AHS contractor determined the compressor went out. AHS had me call them after they received the estimate from the contractor.

They claimed I needed to pay $2,895 out of pocket for "modifications" that weren't covered... basically the labor to replace the compressor. The cash in lieu offer was $525.00. The modifications they claim necessary were:
refrigerant line modification - $650.00
electrical line modification - $540.00
condenser pad modification - $440.00
freon - 11 lbs at $115 per pound - $1,265.00
I went through calling their third world call center numerous times, requesting to speak to supervisors, being sent to their "escalation" department...

all to get me more and more frustrated and never ever getting an actual supervisor or anyone in the US.
Because of my complaints with the DOI and BBB, they had a rep contact me. However, throughout the process she repeatedly lowballed me when I was looking for fair treatment. They advised me that the recommendation was for condenser replacement.

I sent them an estimate for condenser replacement and requested cash in lieu of $5,855, the part they are responsible for. They again lowballed me offering a much smaller amount.
In the meantime, we've purchased several tower fans in order to deal with triple digit heat and make it more tolerable for my little kids to sleep.
Also, the second unit isn't cooling properly again.
Loss:
Cons:
  • No local customer service
  • Does not honor contract
  • Shady contracted companies

Preferred solution: Cash in lieu for the cost of the replacement of the condenser ($5,855.00), which is much less than the amount of the replacement of both systems.

User's recommendation: Avoid this company

Christopher H Jrp

Just Finished my first Year with AHS - No Bueno

American Home Shield - Just Finished my first Year with AHS - No Bueno

I negotiated a home warranty as part of the purchase of my townhome and thought AHS was probably the best of the worst and still believe this. I had problems with the electric panel and the A/C (in summer - in Florida) and was underwhelmed by the time it took to get a qualified professional out to fix my problems.

I had to endure 5 days of no A/C in August just to pay the $125 deductible and get a new basic part. The technician then tried to upsell me on a worthless laser line clearing service for my A/C drain - wow! As far as my electric issue, I had a bad breaker and the technician did not have a replacement part and had to wait for about two months.

Thankfully, he installed a temporary one that worked fine but was not to code.

Overall, eventually both issues were fixed, but had I saved the premium paid (about $600/year) plus the $125 deductible (x2), I would have been better off contracting the services on my own. Next time I will know better...

Pros:
  • Worry-free protection for failure of really major appliances
Cons:
  • Provides a false sense of security

Preferred solution: To help others make a better decision in the future.

User's recommendation: Consider the items that may fail and above all the length of time for service

| map-marker Brownwood, Texas

UNHAPPY IN PAST 2 YRS. CUSTOMER SINCE 1999

American Home Shield - UNHAPPY IN PAST 2 YRS. CUSTOMER SINCE 1999
American Home Shield - UNHAPPY IN PAST 2 YRS. CUSTOMER SINCE 1999 - Image 2

Ive been a customer of American Hime Shield since 1999, but over the past couple of years, their service quality has significantly declined. Here are some of the issues Ive encountered:

Dishonesty and Scams:

The company now operates under new management, and their practices are questionable.

Ive faced fraudulent charges and a lack of concern for customers.

Customer service call centers are overseas, leading to frustratingly long wait times.

Representatives often provide scripted answers and refuse to connect me with supervisors.

Repairmen Problems:

When my A/C broke, I paid $100 for a repairman. He damaged my system and AHS claimed it was an Act of God, denying warranty coverage.

Their repairman quoted repairs from his company for a new compressor was exorbitant ($7,700 per unit), but my personal A/C technician fixed it for $120.

A similar situation occurred with my hot water heater, where AHS repairmen wanted extra $1900 for installation.

They promised a cash-out but never delivered.

Inefficient Service:

Last summer, my A/C went out during scorching Texas heat. Repair appointments were repeatedly canceled.

After months of waiting, they allowed me to hire my own technician, but they never reimbursed me.

I ended up spending $5,000 on a new system.

Plumbing Nightmare:

When I had a plumbing issue, their repairman barely inspected it and left within 5 minutes, stating it was not covered since not attached to the house.

The leak was from the water bib which was attached to my house, but they refused to cover the repair cost, because repair was not done by their contractor.

*** A/C Repair:

During an A/C repair, the contractor tried to talk to me through my bathroom door. Unprofessional and uncomfortable!

Cancellation Hassles:

Trying to cancel has been a nightmare. Calls get bounced around, and cancellations dont process.

Surprisingly, they still have my old address on file despite servicing my new address for a decade.

In summary, my experience with American Home Shield has been horrendous. In the last year I have six service calls, paid $1,538.88 in contract fees, an additional $600 in service call cost. I have received one $15.48 part for a repair.

I do not recommend using American Honey Shield, you should avoid them completely.

User's recommendation: AVOID AMERICAN HOME SHIELD

American Home Shield - To ware consumers - Image 3
American Home Shield - To ware consumers - Image 4
American Home Shield - To ware consumers - Image 5
Updated by user May 18, 2024

In December 2023 I won my monetary dispute against American Home Shield with my credit card company CITI for Fraud. American Home Shield has retaliated against me for their criminal loss due to their fraudulent business practices. AHS has threatened to destroy my great...

Original review May 18, 2024
In January 2024 when I attempted to file since a discrimination complaint under the Unruh Civil Rights Act (California Civil Code Section 51) which provides protection from discrimination by all business establishments in California against America Home Shield and Peniinsula Appliance Repair one of its electrical appliance repair contractors for telling me " We don't serve *** Mexicans " for requesting the electrical repair shop send back its repairmen to close and secure my washing machines electrical corcuit board from the elements. Both AHS and Peninsula Appliance Repair refused to accept my legal right to file a discrimination complaint.

AHS states it has policy of not providing any firm of documentation to it's warranty clients regarding any dispute/complaint. Will not provide documented proof of me ever filing complaint of discrimination against AHS and its electrical appliance repair contractor.The electrical appliance repair shop states I never filed a complaint with them. Both AHS and Peninsula Appliance Repair may not provide documentation to prove what they state ,but I do have documentation of email correspondence, recorded calls dates/times and names. I have tried to resolve this amicably without legal action, but they leave me no choice.

I am in the process of filing state and federal civil-rights violations against my civil-rights and pursue legal fraud complaints. I recommend any consumer depending what state you live in to do research of what state/federal agency will protect you against discrimination by state business establishments

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Save your money avoid American Home Shield and any other warranty company

Candelario Mpl

Deplorable service

American Home Shield - Deplorable service

Our gas furnace quit. We called AHS on 1/24/24.

They sent a tec out the am of 1/26. This fella didnt realize that furnaces at ours age didnt have dual gas valves so the claim was denied and we asked for a second opinion. That occured also on 1/26 (Friday) a tec from Gibson heating and AC in Cathedral city CA. Came out and said he sent his diagnosis to AHS that afternoon.

On Monday, no contact with us. Tuesday 1/30 we called AHS and they said they would get in touch with Gibson and get the process underway. To make a long story short, they were unable to contact Gibson and neither could we. AHS on Tues Jan 29, said they were sending Field Agent to localte Gibson Heating and AC and for us to be patient .

This was 10 days after the original tec visit. We continued this back and forth talk with them not able to contact Gibson. On February second they continued to tell us to be patient. We are in our 80s and the night temperatures were in the mid 40s.

So on February 5th we called a local business and they installed a new furnace for $4150 and we have been nice and warm ever since. By the way on Feb 5th we called AHS and cancelled the contract.

So much be on hold for 2 weeks + with no heat. Would warn others to beware of using their service.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Company sent tec from a company but all downhill from there

Preferred solution: Had to pay personally for a new furnace

User's recommendation: Don’t use

Noland C

Verified Reviewer

Don't waste your time or money

In November 2023 I began experiencing issues with my cooktop oven. The oven appeared to overheat, burning my food in the process. I called AHS and paid the service call fee. The following month a technician came to my home and found that the control panel was failing. The technician forwarded the information to AHS and afterward is where the deepest frustration starts. Supposedly a part was ordered and was to come out to my home, it never did.

I received a call from the same technician on February 23, 2024, asking if I knew what was going on because he had a work order to come out to my home to install the part. Of course, I had no idea what he was talking about because NO ONE FROM AHS WAS COMMUNCIATING WITH ME AS TO WHAT WAS GOING ON. THe technician stated that he was not aware as to what was going on either since no one had communicated to him either. When I called AHS back, I was told that they're still waiting on the part ONLY AFTER I WAS INITIALLY TOLD THAT THE PART WAS ALREADY ORDERED (LIARS)! Another week or two had passed and I hadn't gotten a call or anything from anyone at AHS. Any communication I received was because I initiated the call. I also made several attempts to reach out to the contracting company to find out what was going on but would often wait on average of 30mins or more for someone to come to the phone.

LET'S JUMP AHEAD A BIT!!!

Here it is March 27, 2024, and I still do not have a functioning stove. I constantly have to eat out or go to family to eat at their house because my stove is not working properly and continues to either burn or unevenly cook my food. THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN ONGOING SINCE NOVEMBER 2023. WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS?! On March 25, 2024, a technician was supposed to come back out to my home in order to get the control panel for repairs because now the part cannot be found and they'd rather repair the panel versus replacing the stove. WHAT THE *** AM I PAYING YOU GUYS FOR?!

DO NOT WASTE YOU TIME OR MONEY WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!I

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I wouldn't recommend AHS to anyone. There is a deep lack of empathy and no customer service skills.

Peter K Drk

HORRIBLE coverage & customer service

Where do I start? I've been with AHS approximately 15 years & at one time they used to be a great company!

In the past five years I've had more service requests turned down due to my contract all of the sudden not covering the issues! I recently had a hot water heater request turned down. The hot water heater is 23 years old, has sediment in the lines and hot water moves through the house the speed of a snail, if it even moves at all! I had the lovely Lindsay plumbing company, here in Houston, assigned to come out, theyre horrible as well, and they told me that the hot water heater wasn't working.

Well, the tech told AHS that it was working. So of course AHS denied coverage AND repair to my 23 year old hot water heater!

Needless to say I was furious so I called AHS to find out why my coverage was denied. I sat on hold for 20 minutes before talking to a woman, who I could just about understand, who then sent me to the escalation department for another 20 minute hold. When I was finally helped, I was told that nothing is covered for my hot water heater.

I told her I wanted to cancel my contract, so then I spend another 20 minutes with a woman who tried to keep me by giving me every possible perk she could think of EXCEPT for actually doing the job that I'm paying them to do, i.e. fix issues with my home!

She told me that they go off of the recommendation of the service company they send out. That would mean that the Lindsey company that gave me one story and gave AHS another! I truly believe that AHS specifically hires companies that are not the most reputable, and want to charge you full amounts and not do any repairs through your contract.

The technician I had, tried to sell me a $2000 water heater, after him and AHS decided that my water heater was not old enough to be worked on through my contract. I know for a fact that I can get a hot water heater for less than that.

I believe that AHS has a deal with their contractors to try to screw homeowners out of their service fee and contract.

She tried refunding my $100 service fee, refunding me next month's contract fee & just trying to talk me out of canceling it and I told her no on everything.

So then the sweet Asian lady goes full psycho, gets upset and decided that now she was going to be Miss Bossy & charge me a $23 charge for cancelling my contract! I don't know where these people are coming from, (oh yes i do theyre all coming from somewhere in Asia considering how difficult it is to understand any of them), but there's no way i would ever recommend this company to anyone!

Preferred solution: I want people to know how horrible this company is! From their customer service to their coverage it's horrible

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY!!

Diana P Mdz

| map-marker Carroll, Iowa

The worst scamming company

American home shield is quite possibly the worst company I have ever come across. Im trying to warn as many friends and family.

They start out with one fee than raise it as they see fit. They scam people because they dont cover anything and when you want to cancel they wont allow you to. I had to ask 20 times before they cancelled my policy. I called to complain to supervisors and the last two hung up on me.

The last one named Angel hung on me when I asked what the process for claims are.

Im 47 years old and never thought at my age I would be scammed but I guess it goes to show.

If I could give this company a zero rating I would. They are the worst!!!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Do not cover anything or answer questions
  • Charge you high fees
  • Lie to their customers

Preferred solution: Actual information regarding my cash in lieu offer that I never received and an apology from both of the rude female supervisors

User's recommendation: Do NOT buy their home warranties

SM R Jua

Verified Reviewer

They worst number one. After one year premium they unable to solve a simple request.

In South Dakota, they have a contract vendor who refused to come due to their non-payment. I have talked with AHS several times, and they were rude, saying they have nothing to do if the contractor does not come. And we have no option to escalate this with management within the portal. Horrible.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Hundreds

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: SD I can bet you will not get service.

Home Warranty Expert Talks

Insurance Claims Tips: What Red Flags to Watch Out

Apr 23, 2021

How to file an insurance claim? Why do you need a public adjuster? Vince Perri, CEO of Commercial Claims Advocate, shares his best tips about insurance claims. Find out how to deal with complex residential insurance claims and commercial losses.

Read full article
Vince Perri
Vince Perri

Vince Perri is a Expert Claims Adjuster and CEO of Commercial Claims Advocate. He has over 14 years of experience in handling large commercial losses and complex residential insurance claims.

map-marker Yakima, Washington

Very poor customer service

American Home Shield - Very poor customer service

The day before Thanksgiving of 2023 my hot water heater went out. One of my Thanksgiving gas happened to be an electrician and checked to see what the problem was.

Discovered that at least one if not both of the elements in the water heater needed to be replaced. I contacted American Home Shield who had one of their contractors contact me. That company sent out two incompetent technicians who said that there was electricity going into the tank, but not coming out of it. They stated that we needed to call an electrician because we had an electrical problem.

When they showed up, they did not have the proper equipment to even test the water tank and reported back to the company that the water heater needed to be replaced and it was under war. The water heater did not need to be replaced the elements I tried to contact American Home Shield and the company I kept getting the runaround American Home Shield said I was going to have to pay an additional $278 to have it fixed through them but that was only a quote. I received an email from the company that they had sent out and they stated they wanted $2500 to replace the water heater. Plus I was supposed to buy the water heater for them.

We desperately needed hot water in the house so I made another contact to a reputable company, they sent out a technician who had the problem diagnosed and fixed within one hour of his arrival. It was the elements I have attached a photo after several attempts to contact a manager and share with them calmly, my concerns. I finally got a hold of somebody who said its not their problem they were not gonna refund my hundred dollars that they were given to send somebody out to have the heater tested And I should have let them finish the work. I had to call them at least six times to speak to a manager who was less than helpful.

anyone that is considering purchasing an American Home Shield warranty plan best think about it twice of what you might be getting into. They are rude and customer service.

There is less than acceptable. By the way I now have hot water and Im very happy they listen to me in the first place, none of this wouldve happened just replace the elements and move on with it.

User's recommendation: Steer clear

Guest

My family is having a very similar issue. This company is scandalous. Very unprofessional and rude.

Lillian T Std

| map-marker Pensacola, Florida

Last April my flat top range large burners stop working, and I called in on 4/09/23 and they didOn 6/30/23 my A./C stopped working doing triple digits temperature, and I waited 2 weeks to get a tech o

2 weeks later the Tech. Said it had to be replaced, Family Air came back on Saturday morning and replaced the unit. After talking to AHS for weeks about payments, to this date, they have not paid $ 1 on this unit. I paid AHS on auto pay from 01/2019 the 10/2023 and didn't miss one payment. Now I am paying for a $10,500.00 until plus the $125.00 service fee.please research all companies before you sign, the bad thing is I have used them years before when they was a really good company! NOT GOOD ANYMORE
Jerry B Jch

Absolutely no REAL Customer Service

Had an issue with a gas furnace of which AHS sent out a Service PRO who worked on the furnace and got it going after several call backs. It's now March and I'm still have the same issue.

I called and was told that I had to open a new request as the old request was more than 30 days old. A new request was generated and was told the same company would be coming out to look at the issue again. The company came out but, the next day went online to look at my account and see a different company was assigned even after being told that the original company would be coming out. When I opened a chat to discuss this I was told they can't assign specific companies and that I would have to pay the original Service Pro myself even though I was told differently.

The chat was TERRIBLE and nothing was resolved even after asking that the new company be changed to the original Service Pro since they had come out that same evening the new request was generated. I ask for a supervisor number only to be told that they would contact be within 24-48 hours? That's HORRIBLE! I never heard from the new company that was assigned but the company that did the initial work in November did?

AHS never provided me a contact for a supervisor even after 3 requests. I felt the chat individual just wanted to blow me off. If your researching home warranties I would highly recommend you look deep into the customer service side of the business. This warranty was provided to us by our real estate agent as a thank you for the business.

I will be contacting her to recommend she may want to look at other companies.

Too bad they can't seem to follow thru with a promise on the second service request. The first request went ok.

Preferred solution: Service Pro reassignment on my service request to the original Service Pro that came out.

User's recommendation: RESEARCH BEFOR YOU BUY

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article