American Home Shield - Review about Ahs Air Conditioning Repair from Atlanta, Georgia
On August 12, 2015, I called American Home Shield concerning an air condition issue.I had just come home from a surgical procedure and requested an upgrade due to my medical condition.
For the third time this summer the air conditioner was not working. On August 13 2015, a company called Bishop Engineering arrived at my home at 6:30 p.m., they diagnose the air conditioner problem as a bad compressor. On Friday August 14, I called both this Bishop Engineering and American Home Shield about whether the part had been ordered and when will they be coming out to install the compressor. The compressor was not ordered until Monday, August 17, 2015.
On August 17, 2015 at 3:10 p.m., I called American Home Shield and learned that the compressor had been ordered and was ready for pickup. The representative told me that Bishop Engineering has been sent an email confirming that the part was ready for pick up. Later that evening, I called the Bishop and requested to be placed on the schedule for the following day. The dispatcher, Carolyn, said she would not be able to put me on a schedule until the technician physically pick up the compressor from the warehouse.
I asked when might this be done?. The company did not pick up the compressor from the warehouse until Tuesday evening. They called and said that they would be able to come out and install the compressor on Wednesday, August 19 at 8 a.m., I requested that the technician bring a digital scale in order to determine how much freon was being put into my AC system. I assured by both Bishop Engineering and American Home Shield that the technician would comply.
At 8:30 a.m. August 19, 2015, 7 days from the date of the diagnosis Bishop Engineering still had not arrived at my home. I called the company and the technician on his cell phone number to get an update on what time they would be at my home. No one answered on neither telephone numbers.
At 9:10 a.m., a technician arrived and stated that he was there to install the compressor and that he had been asked to collect the money upfront for the freon and stated that 9lbs. would be used in the system. He requested $450 dollars which was the portion for which I was responsible. It was $60 a lb but American Home Shield would pay $10 per pound.
I stated to the technician that I have never been asked to pay up front before a job had been started. The technician stated if he was not paid up front that he was going to have to leave, so he left. The owner was called, and he stated that he would send the technician back to my home but that he requested that noone stands over him and watch him work. He returned and I asked the technician if he had a digital scale with him?
He said "no". I asked him how will I know if 9lbs was added?. He said becsuse he was honest. I told him I reqested that he bring one.
Due to it already being 7 days without air, I allowed him to do the install and paid them $450. This company did not prove to me as a customer that they utilize 9lbs of freon in my air conditioner yet I had to pay them for 9 lbs... $450 dollars in cash as they requested. I called and spoke with American Home Shield about this situation because I did not feel that it was fair for them to charge me for 9lbs and not have to prove it.
I thought this was dishonest and very unfair and I bought this to American Home Shield attention. American Home Shield allowed me to be treated this way by one of their contractors. They never intervened and did not require them to bring a scale.
This is how they treated a 9 year customer who had recently come out of the hospital from a surgical procedure.#wowgreedyworld #horriblecustomerservice
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Ahs Air Conditioning Repair
- Review category
- Household Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "2 very bad experince with home shild First one is the home pipe blockage and they send the plumber without equipment snake or any thing he shows up in open..."
- "On 12-24-2011, Mr. Rooter was called to address the issue of sewage backing up into the basement. "J" agreed with the previous plumber that a cleanout was necessary to accommodate..."
- "Remington Park in Houston is probably in the running for top 3 nastiest, unsanitary and dirtiest Greystar properties and they charge tenants a $27 monthly trash fee for the pleasure...."
- "I HATE your pizza now! Its taste grose. The pizza dough is sovsweet it taste like a garlic flavored donut. I used to order 2- 3 times every week and..."
- "This is a great story! I got a call that the Glendale police were at my home looking for my husband for a hit and run, I call him he is..."
- "I placed an order for groceries. I received confirmation. Order never arrived. Spent hours, 5, on the phone. Excuses. Horrible! Don't waste your time! No phone calls, no communication as..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."