Verified Reviewer

On August 25th I opened a request for service regarding our heat pump and its inability to maintain the programmed temperature when the outside temperature exceeds 112 degrees here in Arizona. On August 29th Drew from Same Day Air Repair came out to assess the issue with our heat pump.

Before he left he provided a brief verbal assessment saying there were a couple of components in our system that require replacement which would require removing the refrigerant, replacing the faulty components, and recharging the system with new refrigerant. Drew was unable to explain satisfactorily why they would be unable to recharge the system with the same refrigerant that had been removed to make the repair.

On September 3rd I requested that I be provided with a second opinion regarding this heat pump repair. On September 7th Garrett from Crispy Air &;;;;;;;;;;;; Heating came out to assess the issue with our heat pump. Before he left he provided a brief verbal assessment saying there is a refrigerant leak which would require removing the refrigerant, repairing the leak, and recharging the system with new refrigerant.

Like Drew before him, Garrett was unable to explain satisfactorily why they would be unable to recharge the system with the same refrigerant that had been removed to make the repair.

On September 9th I spoke with one of your phone associates requesting the official assessment each of these companies submitted regarding the issue with our heat pump (what is wrong with it), and each company's proposed repair solutions to get the heat pump system functioning properly (what's required to fix it), along with my financial responsibility for each proposed repair. Your phone associate said they were unable to provide the requested information, but they were forwarding my request and I would see an email response within 24 hours.

On or about September 13th I spoke with another of your phone associates regarding my September 9th call, and the fact that none of the promised information had been provided within the stated time frame. This person stated that the previous phone assistant had been mistaken, that none of the information I had requested could be provided by email. This person said that my request had been noted, and I would see an appropriate response by USPS mail within five business days.

Here it is, well past the stated time frame for a response, so this is my formal request for the following information.

Please provide a detailed explanation of the issue with our heat pump system (what is wrong with it) as submitted by Same Day Air repair.

2. Please provide a detailed explanation of the proposed solution to fix our heat pump system as submitted by Same Day Air repair.

3. Please provide a detailed explanation of my financial responsibility if I elect to proceed with the repair proposed by Same Day Air repair.

4. Please provide a detailed explanation of the issue with our heat pump system (what is wrong with it) as submitted by Crispy Air & Heating.

Please provide a detailed explanation of the proposed solution to fix our heat pump system as submitted by Crispy Air & Heating.

6. Please provide a detailed explanation of my financial responsibility if I elect to proceed with the repair proposed by Crispy Air & Heating.

I require this information to make an informed decision regarding the repair of our heat pump system.

I would also like to know why this information is not readily available by simply logging into my American Home Shield account considering the importance of this type of information when making a decision regarding home system repairs.

Preferred solution: Information regarding our problem and the solutions proposed by the contractors involved.

American Home Shield Cons: No direct access to customer service.

Comments