West Palm Beach, Florida

Background

I entered into a formal contract with American Shield,approximately 6 weeks later.My electric water heater stopped heating.

As a result, I contacted American Shield. In follow-up, American Shield sent a plumber to my residence to diagnose the matter and I was required to pay the plumber a service fee of $75.00. Following his services, the plumber informed me that an electrician was needed to remedy the problem.

Accordingly, an electrician came and replaced the fuse however, the replaced fuse tripped. The electrician then stated that the heater was the problem.

Next, American Shield sent a second plumber who stated that the hot water heater had been leaking for months. This was strange to me as there was no water on the floor or in my garage at all - NONE! And the heater was heating Subsequently, American Shield informed me that it was not liable. To this end, I spoke with a representative she referred me another individual who advised me that a plumber would be at my home on the following day.

The third plumber came and informed me that my hot water heater was leaking and and he would replace it on Saturday. Again, I advised him that the hot water heater had never leaked and showed no signs of leaking. Subsequently, a representative informed me that American Shield was not liable.

My hot water heater never leaked and there were no visible signs that the heater leaked as it sat on a concrete floor in my garage. And how could it have leaked if there was no water and still, the initial plumber never even stated that it was leaking, rather he exclaimed that it was an electrical issue.

Due to this ordeal, my family has been without hot water for two weeks. American Shield intentionally manufactured reasons to not comply with its obligation. I ordered a water heater and had it installed. And by the way the plummer who installed my new heater saw no signs of leakage.

I rate American Home Shield, 0 (zero).

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Pros: Initial contact.

American Home Shield Cons: Commitment to contract terms.

Comments