Solon, Ohio
2.5

Update by user Jan 07, 2017

Update--

American Home Shield wanted to give us a payout for our unit, but the payout was too small to replace our unit. Instead they "fixed it" by installing a new compressor that had to be ordered and took two weeks to be installed.

Today my refrigerator/freezer is warm, and water is leaking on my wood floor. I was told the unit would be working properly and filled it up with groceries, that are now ruined.

I just don't get it.

I have been a loyal customer, and usually, service is great from the technicians that out sent out to do the work. I am very frustrated and disappointed.

Update by user Nov 02, 2016

I spoke to a representative and asked to have three years of my service orders sent to me. I was to receive the report in three days but received nothing.

I called again and was told AHS doesn't keep records of service calls; which I find odd.

The new service company came out to my house and said we needed a new compressor, and it would take two technicians six hours to install.

This will be the second compressor that will be put installed, which I find to be quite ***.

I have been contacted by Lashunda Adams, Service Resolution Specialist- Social Media Division to appease me.

She will only respond to emails. The number I was given for her does not seem to be working.

Meanwhile, my refrigerator is still not working for more than three weeks.

Original review posted by user Oct 21, 2016

My refrigerator/freezer has been not working properly for more than two years, AMS keeps sending our different companies to "reapir" it, and of course, I keep paying for the service call.

With a family of five, you can imagine how difficurlt it is to not have a working refigerator/freezer and how much food has been ruined/ waisted when it does not cool properly.

Today, a service technicioan came out to our house and said he wouldn't fix another technicians mistakes. AHM wants to send out the company used before this call--one problem, they are not working with AHS anymore.

This really is unacceptable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Refrigerator Repair.

Preferred solution: I want a new unit.

American Home Shield Pros: Service tech that come to my house are very friendly, Sympathetic.

American Home Shield Cons: No way to talk to customer no service, Send new techs each time, Problem never fixed, Use band aids, Bad response from contractor.

• Nonexistent Customer Service