Dallas, Texas

Do not waste your money on dealing with this home warranty company. They do patch work.

What I mean by patch work is, they patch the problem not resolve the problem. Patch work causes you more problems and money in the long run. If you go with this company, not only are you wasting your money but your time as well.

example of wasted money, I call them because I have a water leak coming from the AC, they send out a plummer, I have to pay $55 for the visit, plummer call AHS and tell them it is a A/C problem.

A/C tech arrives tells me drip pan is rusted and AHS does not cover this, I have to pay another $55. So I am out of $110 and still have the leak.

The reason they do not cover my drip pan is that they say the A/C was not maintained by us.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Comments

My unit is severely rusted and they told me the same thing, even tho it's leaked into my ceiling and has caused damage there to.

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house. The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement. I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.

@Brandie Sashington

I am having the same problem. Can I still call you on the number you listed?

251-232-5106 I need advice also. I will give statement.

I had AHS coverage in both of my homes in California, from 1992 through 2005. However, since we came to Washington state in 2005 (and since AHS was taken over by Servicemaster) we have not had good service from them at all.

I have had to call them out on plumbing issues for both houses here in WA, and both times the responding plumber contractor has told us that they cannot do anything about it because the plumbing in question is not to 'code'. First off, we have a plumber friend who actually did the inspection on this house when we bought it and he says that there are no existing code problems on our plumbing. Secondly, why can we not choose which contractor responds to our service calls? We ended up having someone from 60 miles away from here sent out to 'service' our call.

That makes me very suspicious, along with all the things I am reading on this site and others about AHS. Sounds like a racket to me. That's too bad, because in California they actually bought me a new water heater and a whole new a/c unit when they found that they could not fix either one. I have also gotten a brand new washing machine from them because they could not fix it.

This was all in California.

Perhaps this is (yet) another thing that you have to pay more for in this everyGrey state that they call Washington. I don't know.