Verified Reviewer

Contractor came to assess and repair washer on April 24th. Didn't have part,so it was ordered.

After a week, we made multiple calls to check status. Finally received call and set up repair. Technician shows up and informed us that they would have to break the overflow tub to pull out washer and access it for repairs. Informed us that they won't replace the tub even though they will be responsible for damage.

Told me they could leave and come back, but he called and confirmed that the initial technician did not inform us abt the tub yet offered no apology and basically forced me to sign the document acknowledging the damage would not be covered. Additionally, during repair he came down and said the pan was already "broken" when they pulled it out. Really?

I called customer service to complain and even after explaining the contractor's refusal to cover damage, i was advised to take it up with the contractor.

This is absolutely absurd. You all send so called reputable contractors to our homes and we are left to deal with reckless policies with no recourse other than seeking legal assistance?

I don't care if the damage is $50 or $5000, if the company damages property, they should pay for it and as the referral source, AHS should be offering assistance in helping homeowners cover the cost of secondary damages.

This cannot be legal and I certainly plan to explore this. I have been a loyal paying AHS customer for over 10 years and this is absolutely unacceptable on many levels and i WILL NOT be quiet and let this go.

Preferred solution: We will need to be reimbursed for the cost to replace and have new tub installed. My husband is a disabled veteran and I am not able to lift heavy objects. We will have to hire assistance for this and should not have to risk injury or spend money..

American Home Shield Cons: Cust service reps barely speak english, Reps do not listen, Solutions offered do not address the problems, Do no support the customer, Redtape when replacements are needed over repairs.

Comments