I am very disappointed in American Home Shield and myself for choosing them . I live in Dallas Texas and I got AHS best coverage.

I have been their client for 2 years and never missed a payment. My garage door was acting up so I requested a service. The guy came and told me that I need to change the springs of the door which is not considered part of garage door opener and not covered. This company ' Professional Door Fixers' offered me $350 to fix the problem and told me that I am getting the best price since I am with AHS.

I called the first company on google search and they fixed it for $170. Less than 50% of what this company offered me. I had a problem with my water heater 1.5 years ago and AHS sent someone to my house. They again told me that my water heater was not installed properly which cant be true.

I had it for 6 years and not a single problem. After I complained and posted a bad review, AHS called me back and refunded me the money and said it was a mistake.

They train all their contractors to find excuses not to fix the problem and then these contractors overcharge you. Just a scam and not worth the money.

Comments