1.9

AC went out 4 weeks ago so I called American Home Shield. They sent out a tech and he told me the system is old and part is discontinued so he condemned the AC unit.

So now American Home Shield says they need the part number but yet they have told me for weeks now the part was on order. Today they say the tech is coming to repair it tomorrow but nobody has called to arrange that. They then changed their story to rebuilding the unit, now back to part number to getting the unit from manufacturer even after it was discontinued to 4 other excuses and stories. They are now after I asked if I need to involve a lawyer, they are sending me a cash out offer.

They play the odds to see if you give up. What's the deal with them about that.

I'm a heart patient and I can't even get them to do a hotel room till it's fixed. Dealing with them has become unbelievably difficult.

User's recommendation: DO NOT GET AMERICAN HOME SHIELD.

Location: Henderson, Texas

Comments

My daughter had an account with AHS years ago, and they did her the same way when her air conditioning unit stopped working. It took several months to get the problem corrected, and when they did finally replace the unit the account was closed.

American Home Shield Reviews