Verified Reviewer

1.3

Customer Service and follow up with AHS is my issue. I have made at least 15 phone calls between May 28 and June 29 regarding my HVAC service.

From scheduling an appointment that was cancelled by AHS when it was not supposed to be, to expecting return calls from the escalation department and provider relations, to being charged for a service call cancelled by AHS to multiple requests for escalation to return calls because it required additional approvals. I have a pregnant daughter with respiratory issues, a toddler and two elementary aged grandchildren, two dogs that can overheat extremely easy requiring regulated temperatures, and I can not go extended periods of time without AC. I pay for a contract and AHS has ensured with the lack of quality customer service and not following up with return call request that my out-of-pocket expense has become exorbitant. I have had to purchase two portable AC units after requests for approval resulted in no return calls regardless of how many calls I have made, each varying from 10 minutes to over 2 hours each call.

I have been told on several occasions the service call of $100 that I never received service for was refunded, still waiting to receive that, and now I have been offered a refund of $100 to compensate for the portable units I purchased which I agreed to under duress.

My utility bill has increased as a result of the portable units and the most recent visit of Preferred Climate, June 28th his 4th visit, I still do not have a working HVAC unit. This is sub-par service from American Home Shield, customer service is not helpful and does not follow through with requests for customer needs.

User's recommendation: Go with another home warranty company.

Comments