Verified Reviewer

Two months ago, I requested repair of several appliances. I had delayed repairs due to the pandemic, but when my clothes dryer crashed, I could not wait any longer.

I was assigned an appliance repair company who sent a representative to my home and wrote up each item but failed to research part availability, even after I called them several times. Upon research I discovered American Home Shield had contracted with a company with very poor reviews which echoed the experiences I was having.

I was finally able to persuade AHS to authorize an out of contract appliance repair shop. Their technician came, diagnosed and completed a parts search in under 24 hours. He discovered there were no available parts due to the age for two appliances and so reported to AHS.

He did receive permission to fix one and did so promptly. But I had to pay him directly and seek reimbursement from AHS. He advised me to do a follow-up call to discover the next step for the other two appliances.

I have called many times over the past three weeks trying to find where I am in the system. I have spoken to regular agents, to escalation representatives and to people who work outside the country and do not even have employee identification numbers.

I have been told the parts search department is trying to find parts, the escalation parts search department is trying to find parts, and that I will receive a call with information in 10 minutes (no call), 24 hours (no call) and 48 hours (yet, no call). I have received many apologies for the failure of anyone to contact me and for the length of time it is taking to get an answer repair or replace? And I have been told that there is not time limit on their side.

In the meantime, I am attempting to dry my clothes on hangers in the yard in the dead of winter, am sending sheets to the laundry at great expense, and am losing hope AHS will honor the contract we have with them. And there appears to be no recourse; no appeal course short of a very expensive lawsuit.

I am also wondering if I will receive the more than $450 that I have spent to get one appliance fixed and the remainder diagnosed.

I am fearful, based on the delaying tactics being used by representatives of AHS that I am either out the money or will have a difficult time receiving a refund. Only time will tell, as the saying goes. I will report on my success or failure in a couple of weeks.

This is a shame that this company appears to be so disorganized and unable to provide timely service.. I purchased the contract in good faith.

They do not seem to be able to honor it on their side. I cannot, therefor recommend this product.

User's recommendation: I cannot recommend this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Homeowners Policy Claim.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Cons: Poor service, Broken promises, Time comsumed on hold, Commitment to contract terms, Contractors and custoomer service.

Comments