Placed work order for water heater issue (no hot water) on about 10 Mar 19 and had to wait about 48 hours to get work order processed. Then finally received a call from Plumber Contracted to perform the job.

They came out on 13 Mar to conduct an assessment of what need to be done. Then informed me that they had to contact AHS to approve the replacement of the water heater. AHS called me around 5:30 on 13 Mar 19 stating that they approved the replacement, however there was an additional cost of $580.00 that they would not cover. I then attempted to call the Plumbing Agency they hired to pay the cost and get them to replace the water heater.

They were closed. I called them on 14 Mar @ 0800 and they needed payment before they could start. I paid them and then was informed the soonest they could come out to replace the water heater was 21 Mar 19. This would make it 12 days with no hot water.

This is totally unacceptable. Water and heating issues should be priority fix items. I called a licensed plumber and asked how soon they could come out to replace a water heater and got the very next day. Cost was $2195.00 to replace it, so I then contact AHS to request cash out.

They only offered to give me $709.00. This is BS! Fed up with this warranty company. I filed a complaint with them and am waiting to see if I get a response.

If no response and no remediation on this issue, I WILL NOT renew contract with this company. Frustrated.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Water Heater Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments