Verified Reviewer

To whom it may concern: My name is Aman Arsad and I'm a 100% disabled veteran . I writing this email because I am a very unhappy customer.

I made a service call request on Tuesday night 12 January 2021 and explained that my hot water gets cold as soon as the water runs for a while. I told AHS that Patriot Plumbers was not a reputable company and I ask AHS to send me someone other than them. I checked to see if the burner was working and I discovered that the pilot light was the only flame that I could see. It took three days and I still had not gotten my problem resolved at that time.

AHS sent me and email explaining that some sort of modification must be needed to fix the control valve. The tank is almost 20 years old. I received a call from Patriot Plumbing stating that that an additional charge of $185.00 for a gas line that does not cost that much is required and they still would have to order the valve switch. I have had, some bad experiences with Patriot Plumbing in the past and their rating and reviews are below standards.

I was told that I must wait another 24 hours before someone would contact me concerning this issue. I don't think its fair that Patriot Plumber would charge and additional $185.00 for short gas line and call it a modification. I don't want Patriot Plumber ever at my home again! I hope this issue gets resolved soon because I have not had hot water that last long in my home because the pilot flame is the only thing heating water.

I should not have to wait 4 or more days to have this problem resolved. On 15 January 2021, I was told that someone would contact me within 24hrs. I waited another 24 hours to hear from someone but that did not happen. I have two homes that AHS has covered and I would not like to lose your business, because my issues with my hot water tank.

I am very disappointed with the service that I received from AHS and especially the "Plumber" that was sent to my house. He did not appear to be technically proficient and could not tell me when would my problem be fixed. He said it would take a few days for a part to be ordered. I was concerned because the pilot light was the only flame burning and hopefully it would not damage the tank or burn out.

The technician should have told me something concerning the pilot light being on because it's not heating like it should. Patriot plumber reported that the pilot light was out and gas valve needed to be replaced. The pilot light would stay on but that's not what he wrote on the diagnostic report. When Patriot Plumber called me and said it would cost me a $185.00 dollars for a gas flex hose and call it a modification I was in disbelief.

I explained to them that I would not pay for a gas flex hose and call it a line modification. I requested for another service contractor and I had to go round and around for several days until I kept calling because no one contacted me at all. Each person I spoke with never returned a call in 24hrs like they promised they would. I called backed on the 19 January 2021 and AHS still insisted upon sending "Patriot Plumbing" I explained over and over that I did not want Patriot Plumbing at my home because of their substandard practices and trying to "rob" the customer.

I also was told that I would have to pay another service request fee. I refused to pay that again and finally someone made a smart decision and waivered that. On 20 January 2021, another plumber came to my home "Service Mechanical", and he was very professional, and explained what the problem was and gave me some estimation when my hot water tank will be fixed. On 22 January 2021 Service Mechanical repaired my hot water tank.

I was not charged anything for a "flex hose" which Patriot Plumber was calling it a modification to take an advantage of a customer. I read and understand the terms of my contract fully. There was no modification required at all in my home. My contract, it says in plumbing "gas" lines and all parts are covered under water tank.

If AHS allow substandard contractors to take advantage of your customers it does not set a good example for your company. These contractors, some of them are honest, and there are some that know what they can get away with, by cheating honest paying customers. This took totally, too long have this issue resolved. I hope someone really take's a strong look at what I'm conveying in this email.

I would like for someone to respond back to me concerning this email. No one contacted me from AHS to see if the contractor had completed the work or if my problem has been resolved.

I2 January 2021 until 22 January 2021 is a long time not to have hot water for a service that I pay AHS monthly for. I strongly feel that AHS did not have my issues or concerns at heart.

Sincerely Dissatisfied

Aman Arsad

908 Doewood Lane

Newport News

Virginia

23608

(757) 890 -**** home

(757) 713-****

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Water Heater Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Cons: Take to long to repair.

Comments