Verified Reviewer

1.6

Update by user Sep 02, 2020

So far I contacted the vendor assigned by AHS to fix our heat pump, which still is not fixed, AHS sent wrong part. The technician was kind enough to come by late Saturday evening and fix the HVAC for us.

I then paid $480+ bill and sent it to AHS several weeks ago. I have heard nothing since. NOT A PHONE CALL, NOT AN EMAIL NOT A LETTER, NOTHING! I do not have the time to sit and wait on the phone.

It would be nice if AHS would at least contact me and let me know they have what I sent them. Home Choice is looking much better now.

Original review posted by user Aug 03, 2020

On Thursday July 30, at around 6:00pm CT, I went online and entered a service request for our home air conditioner which was not cooling our house. I waited overnight and next morning checked online to find the request was "pending assignment".

I then called and waited for over an hour to talk to a call center person who explained they were looking for a vendor in our area, but could not find one. The agent said she would expedite the assigning of a vendor. After 24 hours I then called again (waiting over 1 hour to talk to someone), they then explained that if they could not assign a vendor immediately, it would then go to a 24-48 hour time frame to give them time to find someone. At that time I was to call back to get authorization to find someone on my own and they would then reimburse me.

Meanwhile we moved in with some kind neighbors as we could not stay in the house without air con. The 48 hrs expired Sat evening and I once again called to get authorization to find someone. I held on phone for 1 hour and then was told I might want to call back later as it would be another hour on hold.

Blood was boiling by now as was temperature in house. I then called a local company who had worked on our heat pump which was still out and awaiting parts from AHS.

I got the weekend repairman to answer the call, the same one who was working on our heat pump. He was on another emergency call but said he would come by that evening (Saturday) and see if he could fix our problem. After working all day he finally came by our house at 8:30pm, troubleshot the AC and found the capacitor to condenser was out and replaced it. He finally left about 9:30 and we had a working AC.

He said their company would bill me for the work and then I would have to send it to AHS for reimbursement. I just called AHS again, waited an hour for a call back, explained the issue, ask to talk to a supervisor and was told no supervisor available, but was put on hold to check what do do next. I was then cut off. So now it is back into the cue for hours more.

I have lost my patience.

AHS needs to fix this problem or I (a 12 yr customer) will be saying so long. Terrible customer service.

User's recommendation: Do not use AHS.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Pros: Usually pretty responsive.

American Home Shield Cons: Customer service has gotten terrible, Waiting times for someon answer is outrages.

Comments