Gainesville, Florida
1.8

Every year since 2006 I paid my bills ($4,000) doing what was required of me to maintain my home warranty insurance with AHS. In return, I expected excellent service from a company that promised to protect me.

I signed up with AHS because the air conditioning unit was 20 years old and original to the condo I purchased in 2006. Every year since 2007 the unit has needed service and several different vendors came out to repair the unit. However, the last vendor informed me that the unit needed to be replaced and AHS was refusing to replace it. Evidently, the condensing coils were bent restricting air flow and this was not considered normal wear and tear by AHS.

After much research I found out that in 2010 a technician reported to AHS that the coils were dented. Why at that point, didn't AHS notify me to let me know that they would not pay for a new unit when the time came. Instead, for the next 6 years different technicians just keep the unit limping along? During this time I paid AHS for another 5 years costing me $2401.

I have called AHS several times and written a few letters but never got satisfaction. I recently paid for a new air conditioner costing me over $4,000.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on AHS THEY ARE A RIP OFF WHEN IT COMES TO REPLACING BIG ITEMS.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Replacement.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

American Home Shield Cons: Breach of contract.

• Home Warrenty