Chicago, Illinois
1.5

Update by user Oct 11, 2018

The home was purchased by the seller with no choices offered to the buyer

Original review posted by user Oct 09, 2018

We just purchased a new house less than 60 days ago which the seller had purchased AHS policy. After completing our moving in finding the pool/spa Heater is having issues, not heating.

Placed a service request to AHS on October 1 and received a response back from AHS stating the service contractor would contact us in 24 hours to set up a time for the service contractor to come out. After many attempts to contact the service provider with no response back. Contacted AHS requesting a request update as to why their service contractor has not contacted us, AHS CSR placed us on hold while he attempted to contact the service provider with the same results no response.

I ask the AHS CSR if they had another service provider they could transfer my job request to, I was told this was the only service contractor they had who services pool/spa heaters for our surrounding hundred mile radius. I asked if I brought in my own service contractor if I would be reimbursed as theirs was nowhere to be found I was told NO!

Apparently, if you have a service warranty request and there is no service contractor within your area who is on their list, you can just forget about getting it repaired by AHS home warranty policy.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Pool Heater Warranty.

Preferred solution: Reimburse me for the service professional I have to I hired to affects repairs as AHS service contractor is nowhere to be found..

American Home Shield Pros: Online service request feature.

American Home Shield Cons: Customer service for repair scheduling and following.

• Terrible Customer Support

Comments

AHS isn’t trying to spend $1600 on your pool heater, and in your area they probably don’t have a pool vendor hungry and desperate enough to supply and install pool heaters for $100 in hopes of getting 100 more calls this month from AHS. Once they find someone to work under their cost caps, then they will have a pool vendor to honor your policy, but the customers with a home warranty will be low priority customers. The next complaint would be related to the poor service by the pool contractor.

American Home Shield Reviews