50 views
Verified Reviewer

Sara Seaney

Fri, Jan 8, 7:30 PM (4 days ago)

to privacy

On October 29, 2020, I called to make a service request for my stovetop, refrigerator, oven, washer and dryer. I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful agent.

After taking my initial information for all 5 appliances, she instructed me to answer back on my cell phone with a video call, so she could take pictures of the model numbers and information she needed from the appliances. She told me that they would be sending out LA Appliance to complete the job.

A couple days later, I was contacted by LA Appliance who scheduled me with their first available appointment, which unfortunately, was around 10 days out, on November 9th. When their repairman arrived, he quickly looked at the stove, washer and dryer. He said the washer has nothing wrong (but it does, it gets stuck on the fill cycle), and the dryer he said he would have to order parts, and the front panel was partially off because a bracket was broken.

I asked about the oven and refrigerator, and he said they were not on the service request, and he left. I was very confused by this, and frustrated, as I need to have these things fixed, and I know that all of the information was taken for all 5 appliances.

LA Appliance did not come again until November 25th, and while trying to fix the stove top, the screws were stripped and one broke off, so again he left and said he had to order parts. I asked about the other appliances, and he said that he was not told to do anything with them. After this, they cancelled the next 2 appointments, and did not show again until December 30th, when they fixed my stovetop, but it is not working again.

I have called your AHS service department many, many times.

I have been helped by very kind people, who always repeat everything I say, and repeatedly tell me they will fix my problems. They are always so nice, but that is not getting my things fixed. On 3 calls I have been told that they need to review the initial call from October 29th, because they need to hear that I originally, initially had all 5 appliances on the work order for a service request. I have been promised all 3 times that I would be contacted back, but I never received a call.

I have been told I would have my $100 refunded for all the trouble. I have been told that a different appliance company will be sent out instead. I can't spend anymore time waiting on hold to speak to a different person, who never gets back to me. I have sent emails to every contact in your company that I can find online, but I have never been sent a reply.

Yesterday, I called again and spoke to Honey, who promised to expedite my service request because my freezer is now failing. So this morning LA Appliance called me to make an appointment for only the washer and dryer, but then this afternoon they said that the request has been cancelled by AHS and they would not be coming. So last night I called and just spoke to Ave, who said she would send the request for the 5 appliances again. This morning (1/8/21), I received a message from James in the escalation department who said the request would be cancelled since the job is complete, when it hasn't!

I decided to go with your company for my home warranty, because my parents have been customers of yours for years, and have been happy with the service you have provided to them.

I needed a home warranty for security, so I would always be able to fix anything that became broken in my home, after my husband left me with 8 kids at home, and I am now on a limited income trying to maintain my home.

I am so beyond frustrated. I am so entirely disappointed, and I do not know what else I can do. I have been without a dryer since the last week in October. My convection oven will not heat past 160 degrees, my refrigerator is not making ice, the handle has broken off, the titanium is warping on the front, many shelves are broken, and it now sounds like the motor is going out, and the freezer is at 46 degrees.

My washer still gets stuck randomly on the fill cycle, and I know that it is not acceptable in any way. The only thing that has been fixed is the stovetop on December 30th, but it is not working again.

Many times I have asked to speak to a supervisor when I call, and they there is not one available, and that they assure they will take care of all the problems and return my calls in 24 hours. NEVER have I had a call back. I have asked for an email to contact one, only to be told that there is not one, that I can only speak to someone at that number.

PLEASE will someone get back to me and help me properly.

I can not imagine that your customers normally have to deal with such an extraordinary amount of time before they have things fixed? I have lost all faith in your company, and I do not think I have ever spoken with anyone that is in the U.S. other than the initial service request call. I could have called a local repairman myself who would come fix things in a day or two.

What is it going to take to fix these things? Has my initial service request call been reviewed to see that I indeed did request for the 5 appliances at the same time?

What can I do to get this done. Please, I need help!

Sara Seaney

203 Seaforth Drive

Bakersfield, CA 93312

661-979-****

contract# 29367****

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Pros: Nice agents.

American Home Shield Cons: Promises not delivered, Poor communication, Were i had to do all the calling, Horrific customer service.

Comments