Here I sit. On hold!!!!!!

It's been three hours this time. I could make up a couple 40 hour work weeks from the time I have spent on hold trying to get my appliances fixed. It's now three months and counting since I reported a problem with my refrigerator and dishwasher. Both deemed unfixable after two months.

Soooo, I am now watching a repair guy install a new dishwasher (not the brand I ordered from AHS, but I am resigned to my fate). The dishwasher sat in my living room for a week waiting for install. What can one do? For the refrigerator, I paid for an upgrade to a more modern model since mine was 18 years old.

Well, I paid and heard no more. The money is gone and I sit on hold trying to find the fate of my new refrigerator three weeks later. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get an operator to answer the phone?

I just want a refrigerator. The warranty was supposed to make life easier.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Pros: Idea of having support in difficult situations, Good when they can deliver.

American Home Shield Cons: No follow through with promises, Being on hold for endless hours.

Comments

#1957528

you can now go online and use chat feature or put in the service requests there no wait or holds

You say you are out $532 but are getting a new dishwasher and refrigerator. If you want fast and cheap, it does not exist.

Cheap and slow is what you are paying for.

Quit complaining, or buy your own new appliances and install them yourself. Home warranty customers are ridiculous.

@PissedConsumer1880724

It’s not just 532 and I could go buy them but I have the warranty for convenience. Are you with the warranty company?

Do you have a truck to pick the items up? Do you pay them. I they for this service? I can’t get my money back and I can’t reach them.

You can be assured that once I get a refund I will find someone with a truck and get a refrigerator. Meanwhile, if you don’t know what you are talking about, please don’t comment.

@PissedConsumer1880815

How is a home warranty a convenience? Is it convenient to get denials, delays, non-covered charges, and the runaround from contractors you can’t even select yourself?

American Home Shield Reviews