4.2

I have 7 AHS policies and have been a customer for 20 years. During the past several months AHS has made two important changes that affect me and other landlords, without any notice at all.

First, they started requiring that I or the tenant pay the $75 service fee up front, with a credit card, at the time the service is requested, rather than at the time it is provided by the technician. As a result, what I wrote into the lease about how to make a claim is all wrong. Second, they no longer send me a message indicating that a service request has been initiated. As a result, I have no knowledge that the tenant is have a problem.

To make matters worse, there is no way to get a complaint to AHS decision makers. This is the biggest problem of all. There is simply no way to complain to AHS, other than to call into a call center and talk with someone who is not a decision maker and has no way to communicate with one. Call centers are contracted out to another company.

If anyone at AHS headquarters cares, you can contact me at cstansfield@LLTF.net and I will remove this complaint. But it will stay until someone at AHS contacts me.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Home Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments