Sussex, New Jersey

In December of 2014, I submitted a service request for my garage door motor. Though I got an email confirmation, no technician ever called, nor arrived.

When I logged in to check my account, the request had "disappeared" from my account (even though I had the email confirmation sent to me). I tried to log request again and same thing happened. Then I tried to call - but waited more than 20 min. on hold before hanging up (had to leave).

Made calls several different times on different days to try to get assistance - but could never get through. I had decided at this point to cancel my account - in January. It's now March 1st, 2015 and after waiting on hold on the phone for 35 mins, I reached a rep. but only to be told by the to cancel my contract - some one from the "retention department "had to call me back to do so.

That department called me on a Saturday and left a message that they can only cancel my contract when they get a verbal cancel from me. I tried to call back - but the department is only open Mon.-Fri. 7AM -6PM Pacific time - I WORK a job where I can't call within those times!

I have registered a complaint with my credit card company as I cannot seem to get ANY helpful service from AHS. One star is a generous rating.

Preferred solution: Cancel the contract as of December 2014 since no service was ever honored & no ability to call and cancel the contact. Refund monthly fees to December.

American Home Shield Cons: Service and customer service.

Comments