69 views
1.6

Water heater valve was broken, hot water was spraying everywhere, and they couldn't dispatch anyone until a week out. Which would mean serious water damage.

I had to call the plumbing company myself, and negotiated for them to come that day. The lady from American Home Shield that I spoke to lied about "trying" to get them to come earlier, and was rude. Every operator I spoke to was foreign and didn't fully understand English. Their English comprehension was a huge problem.

They also DON'T have any service during holidays, which left me with no water for three days!

Many of the companies that they use have 24 hour and holiday services, but American Home Shield doesn't have that contracted. Not a good company

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

#1741935

It’s all about that money. There is a price for holiday weekend emergencies, but it’s not “Home warranty”.

Your job is calling you out today, on Labor Day. It pays no more than a week from Tuesday. What do you do? Meanwhile, there are other plumbers on standby with premium rates for today.

There are also other options, such as contacting a handyman next door, or shutting the water off to stop the damage. Do any of those seem feasible, or does it have to be a home warranty claim?

Somehow the USA has managed to exist without home warranties until now, and all of a sudden, a plumber has become the equivalent of a mafia hit man. Geez.

@PissedConsumer1741935

I'm going to guess you're one of America's Home Warranty reps.... I can tell by your writing and by your defensiveness.

Oh and yes of course I shut the water off, but I still need to have it fixed,don't I?

"Us" American's need running water in our homes. ;)

@PissedConsumer1742160

There is cheap, and there is fast. Cheap and Fast are 2 separate services. You opted for cheap service, by choosing a home warranty.

American Home Shield Reviews