1.3

My hot water heater broke at approximately 10 AM on Saturday. I tried to contact AHS, with no avail.

I could delay the problem because THE LONGER IT TOOK TO DEAL WITH HEATER,THE MORE DAMAGE TO MY HOUSE, therefore I had to contact a plumber MYSELF to make this emergency repair. AHS finally got back with me Saturday. They had put in a work request for the wrong address. They then told me that because it had not been pre-authorized that they would not cover the expenses.

This was only the 2nd major occurrence I had experienced.

The first was when my heating unit went out before a storm. They told me because it was an emergency, I could have a technician come out and see if it could be repaired, but I had to pay the upfront deductible but would be reimbursed, which I did and forwarded all the information to AHS. 3 days later, AHS sent another technician out; he claimed the damage to the unit was due to a storm that happened 2 days AFTER the initial request for repair.

As a result, my home insurance covered the repairs, but it should have been made by AHS as it was before the storm. Without a doubt, I feel that AHS is a big rip-off!!!

User's recommendation: DONT BUY IN!!!

Location: Suffolk, Virginia