1.3

The rates went up and the response to calls and internet service requests was delayed and then eventually disappeared, but when I tried to cancel my huge monthly bills, it was even worse.

Four calls in 2 days to 3 different AHS phone numbers went like this: the first 2 put me on hold for half an hour, and then dropped my call. The 3rd call kept me for almost a full hour, and then dropped the call!

The fourth call was to a number which gave me 6 options instead of 4, and then after about 15 minutes, it said wait times were for more than an hour, and offered me a way to request that someone call me once they became available, presumably in about another hour.

That was two days ago.

No, they didn't call me back.

The one thing that is essential for all Home Warranty companies is that they respond to internet requests and\or calls promptly and get help to your home soon.

When you can't even get through at all to the company online or on the phone, you are wasting your money, your time and your trust.

American Home Shield was effective for the first 12 years I was with them, but the quality of their service declined dramatically over the last few years, and in this, the 13th year, it has been non-existent.

Do yourself a huge favor: find a different Home Warranty company and give them a chance. AHS is not equipped to deliver what they promise.

User's recommendation: Find a different company.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

American Home Shield Pros: At first respond quickly and well to requests for service, Initial prices were reasonable.

American Home Shield Cons: Wait time for service increased from 1 or 2 to a week, Phone call wait to talk increased from 30 min to hours, Online website has no place to indicate stopping coverage, During covid 19 no phone calls or internet contact get through, Monthly fees and service call fees doubled over time.

Comments