Verified Reviewer

My family has an American Home Shield policy that we opted to purchase, for peace of mind, upon purchase of our home last year. On Saturday, 2/20/2021, our Furnace went out.

Living in Northwest Ohio during the heart of winter, lack of heat was/is obviously a severe concern. I immediately filled out the proper request for service, received confirmation, and had a service call completed Monday, 2/22/2021. The serviceman was from Foxcroft HVAC was professional and friendly. After examining our furnace, he informed us that he believes the problem to be the "control box;" and, unfortunately, being that the furnace is dated, it will take over a week to get a new box ordered an in...leaving my family without heat for over a week in the middle of winter (that is assuming the box is the problem...a first option at a fix).

The serviceman further explained that the only immediate solution would be to replace the furnace....however, he explained that American Home Shield would/will not approve furnace replacement. This completely nullifies the purpose of my policy purchase...peace of mind...Here I am, with a family of 5, in the middle of an Ohio winter, having purchased a product to give me peace of mind in case of such a situation, and instead, I'm told that my family will be without heat for over a week...leaving us uncomfortable and risking plumbing damage. I, therefore, contacted a representative through the real estate office of AHS and explained the unreasonable situation...she forwarded me on to a corporate representative...that representative told me that she would verify my information with Foxcroft HVAC and call me back first thing the following morning (Tues, 2/23/2021)....she never did...and I, unfortunately, did not get her name.

I do have e-mail communication trail, proving my relaying of my concern. I expect an immediate resolution, or I will seek legal representation against American Home Shield.

Preferred solution: Immediate resolution of broken furnace and apology for not following up as promised..

Comments