Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I have been calling American Home Shield now for two weeks trying to get through for a recurring service call on my washer. Most of the time the line is busy.

If you do get through, you just remain on hold. One night I waited 45 minutes and no one picked up. I did find another number on line and they gave me a number to call to cancel my home warranty plan.

Guess what, I sat on hold for 20 minutes before hanging up. Stay clear of this company This is by far the worst customer service I have ever encountered/

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Change warranty companies.

American Home Shield Cons: Poor customer service.

• Long Waits

Comments

Having the same problem. Have made 4 different phone calls to them and have waited each time between 10 minutes and 40 minutes before finally hanging up. Feel like I've been scammed in buying this warranty protection when I bought my house.

Hey everyone, instead of “seriously considering changing warranty companies” have you ever thought of seriously considering hiring your own licensed and insured repairmen? It will go much better.

You won’t get “hanged up on” they would actually love to help, TODAY! Try it sometime!!

Same here... they hanged up on me twice today...

I have no running AC for over 3 weeks now, while AHS is taking their time ordering the parts. A week ago they hanged up on me back to back after being on hold over 40+ minutes each.

Today they hanged up on me again the moment they realize I am on hold.

HORRIBLE COMPANY. I hope they are hit with a class action law suit for their practices!!!

Same problem! I have been on hold constantly for WEEKS now.

I have been holding for over an hour as I type this! Clearly something is going on with the company.

I am looking for a better warranty company.

Hey AHS, consider making service repair reports available to your customers online and providing a way to complain about some of the horrible contractors you send out for repairs since no one answers the phone!

Unhappy customer in DC

OMG!!! I have exactly the same problem.

It's been over 40 minutes, and I've been trying to get a hold of the customer service for three days now. I'm determined to talk to someone today, and we will see how long it's going to take.

I will seriously consider changing home warranty if I can't get a hold of anyone today. Ugh!~

Tyre