Blacksburg, Virginia

My heat broke. I called AHS. It has been below 20 degrees out and has been more than a week.

I wait patiently for five days. They assign my request to a provider. The provider says they will come out. My husband stays home to wait for them. They do not arrive. I call AHS. They say the provider is not available and that they will find another one. Dispatch assures me that a service provider will be out the next day. They do not arrive; AHS does not contact me.

Three days later, after more patient waiting, I call back to check on the status of things. They let me know that they are working on finding a provider. I ask who they have called, when I might expect service.

Those are apparently tough questions.

They tell me about their process. They do not find a provider. They cannot suggest when they might find one.

If you call the company, they will not let you speak to a supervisor. Their web site gives an email address for complaints, but when you click through it says "page not found." You call and ask for contact information, they offer to provide you with a post office address, which they plan never to answer.

Read the reviews.

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. If you are buying a house, ask for a different service contract -- try Republic, try anybody else. AHS used to be marginally adequate; now they are terrible.

I continue not to have any heat.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments