American Home Shield is not the company it once was. I have been without hot water since July 1 2021.

I filed the claim on July 1. It is now July 29. At first they assigned a contractor who responded quickly and determined that my hot water heater needed replacing. Okay, my contract states that AHS will replace with a like item so I'm thinking no problem, They will provide an 80 gallon heater to the vendor who will install.

No problem. Couldn't be farther from the truth. The vendor heard nothing from AHS. I had to make numerous calls to determine that the issue was within AHS.

One department not communicating with another. Long story short, multiple calls trying to coordinate on my own with AHS and the vendor brought no results. No less than three times I was promised a call back from AHS (one from a supposed customer service supervisor) and never heard back from AHS. To add to that AHS said that they don't carry 80 gallon water heaters so they would offer a "cash in lieu of" settlement.

Finally received an email yesterday, July 28th stating that our choices were to have the contractor replace with a like item (already been down that road) or accept a cash in lieu off of $500. Well, $500 80 gallon water heaters do not exist. Not even close. So here I am almost a month later with a choice of taking a like item that does not exist or accepting an offer that won't even cover half the cost of the hot water heater, not to mention the cost of installment.

This has been the worst customer experience ever! No follow up, no customer service, no resolution, and no hot water after a month of confusion on their part, issues within their own company, no communication between AHS and the vendor, and me trying to do THEIR job of getting this issue resolved. I cannot recommend American Home Shield in any way, shape or form.

They do not honor their contract, they do not follow up, and they do not get issues resolved in anything that looks even remotely close to a timely manner. Save your self time and money and GO WITH A DIFFERENT COMPANY.

User's recommendation: Do not use this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Home Warranty.

Preferred solution: Either honor the contract and replace with like item (80 gallon Water heater) or provide a cash in lieu offer that at least comes close to enabling me limit my cash out of pocket expenses. .

American Home Shield Cons: Lack of customer service and lack of contract fulfillment.

Comments