My A/C broke on Wednesday night. I called AHS and was told someone would contact me within 24 hours to set up an appointment.

The company did call on Thursday morning to schedule an appointment but it was for Monday -- four days away. One cannot live without A/C in south Louisiana where temperatures are predicted to be almost 100. I called AHS back. I was to told that since the temperatures were not going to be above 105 it was not an emergency and I'd just have to wait until Monday.

I was so outraged I couldn't even speak. I called back shortly thereafter to cancel my home warranty just to be told someone would call me within 24 hours. The 24 hours expired at 12:09 p.m. today and I haven't heard from anyone and it's 5 p.m.

I called AHS three times today. Twice I was cut off as the representative tried to connect me with the "retention" team/department. My third and last phone call resulted in the agent providing me with an a phone number for the retention team. For all three phone calls, I was on hold for over 1½ hours.

I called the number provided but it was constantly busy. I was able to get my A/C fixed today but not through AHS. Since my AHS warranty cannot help me when I need it, there's no sense having it. I want to cancel the warranty but I can't seem to speak to anyone.

Don't bother with an AHS warranty...it doesn't help or pay.

I had another problem in December 2017 with my water heater. AHS sent a company who wouldn't do the job unless I installed staircase access to the attic and had other work done to "bring the new water heater up to code." Estimated cost for me to pay was $1,500. The second company wanted other code work done as well at an estimated cost of $1,000. Neither one of these companies were from the parish (county) I live in.

AHS finally said I could get my own plumber and would receive partial payment. I called a licensed plumber located in my parish (county) and he replaced and installed the water heater for $1,000.

When I asked about code work needing to be done, the plumber responded it was done. I felt totally ripped off since my plumber did all the work for $1,000 and AHS's plumbers wanted AHS to pay them for replacement and installation and then have me pay a thousand dollars or more for additional work.

Don't bother with an AHS warranty...it doesn't help or pay.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Warranty.

Comments

My A/C broke on Weds. night also.

I input the service request online. They did not contact me, I had to call them. They did not come until Friday. I had to spend the entire weekend in 86 degrees inside my house.

Now - it is Monday morning and I still don't have a time when they will be coming to fix it. Totally unacceptable in Houston humidity and 100 degrees outside.

American Home Shield Reviews