My ac broke on Saturday.I submitted a claim online.

I decided I should try to have it expedited because it was supposed to be a 100 degrees out that day and we were under a heat advisory warning. I'm a widow and have three small children and my almost 80 year old father lives with me. I felt the heat would be too much for them to handle and because of I'm on a tight budget a hotel wouldn't be a good option financially. After waiting on the phone for almost an hour I finally got a representative.

He told me he was unable to expedite the order because it was not a 105 degree in my city. Weather.com only said 100. Apparently, the safety of my three small children and elderly father did not matter. Nor did it matter that we were under a heat advisory warning.

It only mattered that my city was going to have a 100 degree temp not a 105. I tried to express my concerns to a supervisor and conveniently none were there that day. The rep said I would get a call back but I'm still waiting.

Thankfully, the repair place was more compassionate and they worked me in as soon as they could.But I find it ridiculous there are no exceptions to their policy when safety is a factor and that no supervisors are available.

Review about: American Home Shield Claim.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments