1524 E US Highway 30, Carroll, IA 51401
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I called today to find out why I never received a renewal notice. I have been a customer of American Home Shield for over 18 years.

5 years at my present address and 13 years at my previous home. The CSR (Customer Service Rep) told me the a renewal was sent out in October for my February 28, 2019 renewal. I explained to her that I never received a renewal packet or letter. She then told me that the new premium was going to be $99.99 per month.

Almost $1,200 per year. I told her that was extreme increase. My previous premium was $765 per year. $435 increase.

she said it was due to a number services. However, the only services we had last year were plumbing issues, which we had to have them back out on the same leak, but since the time had passed, we had to pay another service call. And we also had a hot water heater fail. And I also referred a friend and never received my $25 referral bonus.

when I asked about this, the CSR said it was too late to do anything about the referral bonus. So I guess if you don't call and call and call to get what American Home Shield is offering, or promises, you get nothing!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty and Referral.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

h.kitchener

Add up the total cost of your monthly payments to AHS over these past years plus any deductibles, etc. you had to pay.

You should come to the conclusion that you have wasted alot of money over the years.

Put some money aside each month, say the AHS payment you would pay and then when/if you have a problem that needs fixing, pay for it with the saved money---plus, you can pick your own local company to do the repairs instead of who-knows-who AHS would send. These warranty plans are really a waste of money.