53 views
Verified Reviewer

1.2

This all started with an inquiry for coverage about a inop garage door, to find out the only way to verify if it was covered is to pay the service fee and have a repair company check it. Of course not covered, paid a service fee and labor to the repair company.

When trying to use the service charge towards future monthly payments, I was denied, then attempted a refund and was firmly denied. So then I attempted to cancel and was denied that as well, so I had to cancel the card with my bank before the automatic payment was withdrawn along with disputing the service charge. AHS appeared to never really cover anything, in my opinion at this point, it was financially burdensome to maintain the warranty. AHS's response was to threaten with reporting me to collections, to negatively impact my credit and to further burden myself financially with any legal proceedings.

Even in the middle of the COVID 19 global pandemic, during a time where businesses have taken a stance to better serve their customers by helping during financial impact, AHS decided to take the complete opposite approach in my opinion.

I have attempted to resolve this situation with no luck, my bank is also unable to get any response to the matter, as far as they can tell, AHS has no intention on resolving the issue. So hopefully this outlet will be able assist in coming to a solution to this matter, I can provide dates, times and names of representatives that I have spoken with.

User's recommendation: Don’t waste your money on a home warranty, put that money in an emergency fund. Deal directly with a repair company.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

American Home Shield Cons: Customer service is something they refuse to give, Total waste of money.

Comments