Madison, Mississippi
1.1

My mini split unit in my son's upstairs room has not been working since 2017. I have placed several calls for the repair of this unit.

Every company that comes to my home has not been able to fix the unit. It has been transferred on numerous occasions. To date, it has not been fixed. As a result of this unit not working, my air conditioners in the other part of my house are being overworked and has caused my electric bill to skyrocket in excess of $400 in the summer.

No company has been able to fix it and over 4 companies have tried. Every time I call, I request a manager on duty and they will not let me speak to one.

I am on the phone as I am typing this message. If it cannot be fixed, I am requesting a cash out and I will call a reputable, knowledgeable company and pay the difference to start defraying my high utility costs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Air Conditioner Repair.

Reason of review: No resolution for over 2 years.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

American home warranty is a feel good thing thats offered upon a sale to the new owner. They are a scam.

They do nothing. They told me my air conditioning was too old and needed to be replaced. I had their so called warranty. No one inspected it prior to me taking ownership.

So how are they a shield to problem free new owner experience. They are not.

Dont buy one. They ought to investigated for fraud.

#1742024

A mini split is an expensive junk pile. Often unrepairable, the whole system will need to be replaced.

They cost almost as much as a fully vented system, despite their small size and short lifespan. AHS will penalize the contractors for recommending a replacement, and the contractors will lose future Ahs business for doing so. Therefore, you will get the runaround. Sound about right?

Good idea to take the cashout for the part that has failed.

You’ll likely get a few hundred dollars and then you can buy yourself a $3500 new mini split, which will last you another 3-5 years before it has a fatal breakdown. They are junk, made in Taiwan.

American Home Shield Reviews