Placed a service call for malfunctioned A/C Unit. Contractor was dispatched in a cpl of days.

After determining the unit would have to be replaced AHS contacted me another cpl of days later to say they were ordering the replacement parts and sending them to the contractor who would schedule an appointment time. Fast forward 3 weeks later, after countless calls to AHS (with 1 hr wait times) and countless calls to the contractor I'm still waiting on my A/C Unit replacement. It took the contractor, not AHS, to determine that the equipment was shipped to "a warehouse" but AHS never notified the contractor to let them know it was waiting for pickup and installation. I have tried calling AHS numerous times asking for a supv/manager, and leaving VM's to complain, no one has called me back.

Needless to say the service order has been placed and scheduled which will put my total time without A/C (in the Georgia heat) 3 days shy of 1 month. Oh yeah did I mention that AHS is requiring I pay the contractor $760 for uncovered expenses!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Cons: Too long of wait on the phone, No follow through with promises, Cost, Not reliable.

Comments

My experience almost exactly. I cancelled before any final resolution or repair. I couldn't take the torture anymore.