Evergreen, Colorado
2.0

I had AHS back in 1999 and cancelled because they kept giving me the runaround. Recently starting real estate investments, and a friend said that AHS has improved.

THEY HAVE NOT! I was told that I could call back anytime if I had questions, or to cancel before March 3. After several calls at different times of day, each which I was on hold for more than 15 minutes and still no answer, I sent AHS an email to cancel my account. No response.

Received a welcome email, so I called again, and was on hold for more than 20 minutes before they answered. They said they would cancel the account, and said nothing more. A week later, I received another email, called again, and this time the hold was only 10 minutes, but found that they had not cancelled the account. Waited on the phone until the person went through my account and cancelled each of the 3 properties.

He said that everything was cancelled, but that their Retention Dept would call the next morning. A week and a half goes by, and no call/voice mail, then late on a Friday afternoon, they call MY WIFE and tell her that "the account isn't really cancelled until I speak with the Retention Department." Called this morning (following Monday), waited on hold for 39 minutes, and finally someone answers that talks slower than I have ever heard, and is still unclear. He didn't ask me WHY I am cancelling, just wanted to confirm my telephone number, email address, and property address, and read a statement that a cancelled account cannot be reinstated.

Unless you enjoy wasting your time, I recommend that you NOT enter into an agreement with AHS. As far as I'm concerned, AHS owes me payment for 2 hours of my time.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Cons: Customer service, No integrity, Communication.

Comments