Seattle, Washington

American Home Shield is probably the worst company I've ever dealt with. You can read about my first experience with them here: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/am_home.html...

Now on to my current experience: My dryer broke so I put in a service request.

I got an email and text message telling me that a specific company would be reaching out to me. After 24hrs of not hearing from the company I contacted them, they told me that they received the request but they don't work on my model dryer (LG) so they just decided to do nothing (not contact me, not contact American Home Shield).

They said American home shield had just faxed them a request and didn't bother to call, otherwise they would have told them that they don't work on LG. Now I'm on hold with an expected wait time of 1hr, which seems surprisingly quick for American Home Shield, the company that couldn't possibly care less about their customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Customer Care.

Comments

After the first bad experience, to which you’ve included a non-working link, why did you continue to do business with them? They’ve proven to be unreliable and shady, and yet, time after time, their customers line up on hold, for more mistreatment.

It really makes no sense. Most newcomers have little inkling how worthless the home warranty policies are, but after you’ve had an experience worthy of lodging a formal complaint to consumers affairs, there should not be a second try. This speaks more about home warranty customers than home warranties themselves. If a retail service provider had hacked you off so badly that you had to write a formal complaint against them—honestly, would you give them a second chance?

Absolutely not! You’d stay far away, and go to someone else looking for a better outcome.

Home warranty customers are more like welfare recipients. They just won’t go away, no matter how much runaround they get, because they are looking to get something for nothing.

American Home Shield Reviews