Dallas, Texas

American Home Shield sent us a bad contractor (Airmax) for the second time and we are now without Air conditioning while a condesenor motor is on a slow boat from China. The Air conditioner has been out for 6 days and part is not expected for another 7 days.

The weather in Dallas Tx is 100% and American Home Shield says that are SO SORRY the contractor ordered the part the wrong way and now there is no way to expedite it. House is over 94 degrees and there is NOTHING that American Home Shield is willing to do.

Bad attitude, bad service, bad deal. Do not purchase warranty from AMS - you will be at their mercy.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Comments

I am having the same problem. American Home Shield is blaming the contractor.

will update u all on how my exprience goes wit AHS

i had ahs in california for over two years today is the first day i will request service from them for garbage disposer lets see how this work if trouble i will result to my second home warranty and cancel my current home warranty wit ahs but for future reference pls contact old republic home warranty never had a problem wit them yur approval is done on the phone rite in front of you and work is completed with in 30-45 minutes sorry about yur troubles

Called AHS on the 2nd got the work order # and AirMax as the contractor. Airmax couldn't get to my house until the 7th then had to order the fan motor which is readily available in the DFW area.

Now they are telling me parts come from AHS and will not arrive until the 16th with installation probably on the 19th if they can work me in. That would be 16 days in 100+ heat. I am recovering from stage 4 cancer and chemo/radiation so air is very important. After many phone calls AHS agreed to allow Airmax to get a motor today and install today 13 days after the original call.

I have had two other contractors from AHS who fixed my other unit in 4 days.

When the motor was out on the upstairs unit that I cannot go to the contractor had the motor on his truck, fixed it on the first visit and was done in 45 minutes. The Airmax runaround and complaining about only making $100 dollars no mater how many trips is totally unacceptable.