Verified Reviewer

Update by user Nov 08, 2021

Also I asked numerous time to reactivate my online account and they never would anything about it. I could never communicate with them online, everything was on the phone in the Philippines.

Update by user Nov 06, 2021

The only contact to American Home Shield is with their representatives in the Philippines. I could not find any contact in the USA other than a mailing address in Tennessee.

All phone number brings you to the same automated answering system in the Philippines.Very fustrating since they are allowed to say the same script over and over.

When asked to be switched to USA management, they have no phone numbers to them. As I said before, from my experience I believe this to be a scam.

Update by user Nov 06, 2021

AHS finally authorized me to get my own plumber after 5 day of leaks. My plumber had to get authorization every step of the way which he spent more time on the phone with their agents than it took to fix the leak.

Because of all time on the phone it ran the bill up to $600 in which AHS is now refusing to reimburse me.

They also refuse to address the secondary damage from failing to fix the leak in a timely manor.From my experience dealing with American Home Shield I believe it is a scam. Do not engage with American Home Shield - you will regret it as I do.

Original review updated by user Oct 07, 2021

I put in a service request in the morning of 10/3/2021 and I yet to receive any service as 10/6/2021 at 7:30pm. Not even a vendor assigned.

No one is able to find a plumber in the whole Salem area that can come to Stayton to fix my 2 pipe leaks. We have additional damages because these leaks were not repaired in a timely manner.

When is this going to be taken care of???

I am extremely upset with the blatant disregard to my leaking pipes issues - the customer service is in the Philippines.

Update 10/7/2021 at 5am - because AHS has not responded to my request the leak is now coming thru the ceiling downstairs.

I can't believe they can not find a plumber in the whole Salem to help me. Totally irresponsible!!

User's recommendation: go to another company.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Cons: Unreliable.

Comments