My Kenmore washer would not go to the second cycle, they sent out a repair company, he said he had it fixed and showed me a bag of parts and said it was fixed. I put in a load of clothes and it was not repaired, he came back and could not get it to work, I called AHS and they would not call out another company or replace it and I was charged for this non service..

Beware, if you have appliances in the garage they will not service them, there goes a warranty you thought you had on your washer, dryer and hot water heater

Product or Service Mentioned: Washing Machine Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

American Home Shield Cons: Deceptive practices.

Comments

Budgeting for the replacement of these appliances yourself is the wiser way to go. These appliances are rarely fixed quickly or properly and usually go out again, causing such an inconvenience.

It’s better and faster to shop for new appliances than to try to repair old ones. We bought a new $500 refrigerator today to replace ours that had been freezing up underneath or behind it, leaking water. The old one will go on the curb. $500 for one that will last hopefully 10 years is not too bad.

If you need more space than that, buy 2, and put one in the garage. Always have a backup. No home warranty had to tell us what to do. We didn’t have to waste any food, or wait on anybody to show up and we didn’t have to play waiting games.

We aren’t mad or frustrated, we solved the problem for $500.

We didn’t have to sit on hold, and we didn’t waste any food or medicine or time. How much do these home warranty policies cost again?

American Home Shield Reviews