Verified Reviewer

I am unable to send an email in any other way to AHS. I had a service request denied for an incorrect assumption by a technician from Axis.I have contacted Axis and include the email sent below.

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 3:08 PM James Rushin wrote:

Dear Sirs,

I received this today, talked to an AHS telephone operator and discovered the AXIS representative had submitted a false and in my opinion fraudulent report for my claim and is asking me for extra cash to complete it.

I contacted them and sent them a letter, a copy you can see below. I will now call on AHS to send another company for a review of what I feel is a fraudulent report given to you by AXIS. If, as I expect, my claim will be validated on review, I expect the charges for the AXIS service call to be refunded afterwards, I never want to use them again and because I feel they have damaged my reputation with AHS, I will take advice as to what steps, if any, to take next.

Thankyou,

James Rushin.

Axis manager Irene,

Ref, your visit to 13298, Glencliff Way, San Diego, 92130 4/11/21I have received a report from AHS saying that you reported the damage to my oven as being the result of something being dropped on the glass. This is 100% incorrect.

The oven was undergoing a self clean during which the door is automatically locked. During the self clean or the cool down afterwards while the door was still locked the glass on the inside of the door shattered. On opening the door we discovered this, closed the door and made our claim to AHS. Photos were taken by an agent of AHS at the time we reported it.

This was reported to your technician, who simply looked at the door, gave us a report saying glass broken - upper oven and told us he would return in 3-5 days to complete the repair.

Why you made this incorrect report to AHS I do not know, maybe you were not satisfied by what they wanted to pay you for the service and found a way to gain more, I do not know, the fact remains it was reported wrongly to AHS by Liz of Axis and also apparently by your technician.

I now require you withdraw this incorrect report and issue a new correct one to AHS.

so my repair can be carried out as per warranty. How you do this is your concern.

I am very upset by the insinuation that we lied when submitting this report and have called for an independent technician to do a double check. If, as I expect, the new report says the glass shattered during the self-cleaning process, I will to take this matter further with both Axis, your technician and AHS.

I am very unhappy with this denial.

The insinuation is that we lied to AHS when making a claim, and regardless of if we were telling the truth or not, a technician can offer a contradictory supposition based on no proof, just opinion and have the claim denied, then come back to me and offer a repair at an extra cost. In my mind this is fraud.

I will call AHS again and request a review of this decision, but I would like for the company to receive this email as I know this claim denial is wrong, based on an incorrect opinion and unfair.

User's recommendation: Axis Appliance Repair - not good, avoid, especially for insurance claims.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Location: San Diego, California