Verified Reviewer

I had American Home Shield as a warranty company I called in a complaint about my garbage disposal (which is covered under their warranty) and they sent AZ out to take care of the problem. This work sheet also included 2 dripping faucets.

The garbage disposal would work sometimes but most of the time I had to put a stick in it and start it manually. So this tech comes out and starts it running and put ice down in it. "it is fixed now and he takes pictures of the faucet and tells me they will be back when the parts come in" and he leaves and it works for about a day. Then I have to put the stick in it to start it again.

So I call American Home Shield and complain at this time I find out they never ordered parts for the faucets and closed the work order as completed.

Once again AHS sends out this company who listens to me telling about how the disposal only works sometimes. He gets it to work and fixes the faucets. Goes back to AZ and closes the work order once again.

A few days later I call AHS and tell them the garbage disposal is not working and once again here comes the plumber. He looks it over and says he will check on the warranty.

and he leaves again. (I believe this garbage disposal is about 10 years old and has no warranty)

I am a 75 year old woman but I am not daft.

I resent being treated as such by a company that should be changing out this garbage disposal.

As far as hiring them for any kind of work I would not do that especially remodeling. They did not display ethics or accountability.

I have terminated my contract with American Home Shield as they did not honor their contract with me.

User's recommendation: run don't walk away from this company.

Preferred solution: Apology.