889 Ridge Lake Blvd, Memphis, TN 38120, USA
1.4

Middle of the night, I walked into my bathroom and found a lake. The toilet tank had cracked and was leaking. I put in a claim with American Home Shield (AHS) and they sent a "plumber" who probably hadn't showered in a week. He said "Wow! I never saw that before. How did that happen?" I explained it happened while I was asleep.

He collected his fee and departed. Then AHS called me and denied my claim because the "plumber," who came in an unmarked vehicle, never saw a cracked toilet tank before, therefore, it's not ordinary wear and tear. The concluded I must have caused the damage, because they can't think of any other way the toilet tank could have cracked. Because the "plumber" said that porcelain doesn't spontaneously crack.

In fact, it does - just check google. Hairline cracks, manufacturing defects, etc., can suddenly give way, and certainly that's what happened here.

No appeal, any second opinion at my expense, and they're "sorry I feel that way," dissatisfied with their bad faith and utterly irrational, incompetent service. Zero customer service. They hire somebody who is not a licensed plumber, completely green, and he makes a final ruling. And got paid to do it!

The "plumber" didn't even know to leave me a receipt or any piece of paper that he had been there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Plumbing Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Cons: Refuses to correct their mistakes, Failure to perform, Dishonest refusal of my claim.

Comments