Verified Reviewer

1.5
Poster decreased review rating.

I called last week on 11/9/21 to urgently request a plumber's service since we had water/sewer backup. We had no use of water or toilets.

On Wednesday 11/10/21 in AM I called the plumbing company it was set with under Service Request #7899****. They indicated they were unable to get out to our home until today 11/16/21 today. I asked if it could be moved to urgent, they said sorry they were totally booked until 11/16/21.

We couldn't go without water or toilet use for 6 days, so I called customer service again, they didn't seem to understand English or speak it very well and didn't get the urgenct need for service. I asked to speak to a manager but was told it wasn't possible.

They then tried calling a couple other plumbing companies they contract with and none of them could come out. They then referred the request to the dispatch department and said I would hear from someone within 4 hours. After waiting 4 hours with no response I called back as we needed to get someone out ASAP.

The person said since dispatch didn't call back, there was no one at that time who was able to be found to service. I would have to wait for dispatch to find someone but they couldn't gaurantee that I would have anyone service in 24/48 hours.

I said we can't wait this long, I could find my own plumber quicker and could I use a non-network plumber and get reimbursed. They said yes and that the plumber would have to call AHS when they confirm the plumbing issue to get authorization.

I found help with Roto-rooter in 2 hours. We called to get authorization and the rep said they absolutely would not approve them. The new rep I talked to said the previous rep incorrectly responded about allowing a non-network provider.

What a waste of time, very stressful and how embarrassing to have a plumber here and I'm then told this. They couldn't find us service, confirm if or when anyone could come out and here we are day 2 no water or toilets with no confirmation anyone could service sooner than six days 11/16. With the urgency for water and toilet, we hired a plumber to do the work and paid out $437 of our own money.

I called the next day on 11/11/21 AM to cancel the service request for Plumbing. I also asked about getting my $125 charge to my account for deductible refunded since they couldn't provide service.

The rep said she canceled the plumbing request and that the charge on my account wouldn't go through. Well once again incompetentcy, the charge posted 11/11/21. Not to mention, the Plumbing Company they hired calls today 11/16/21 to come and service, he said he didn't recieve a cancellation notice. So obviously once again, my request was ignroed and not followed through.

I went online today to find an email or someone I could send these issues to and resolve and saw that they actually canceled a prior heating/cooling check request that was already performed and never canceled the plumbing request.

I've never had a service insurance company that had such poor and incompetent customer service. I am requesting my $125 deductible credited back. I am also considering canceling this policy.

I'm not sure I can go through the stress incurred with this issue and no resolution and loss of time on the phone and frustration and now I'm out $437 for something that should have been handled under this coverage.

I'm not asking for reimbursement of the fees I paid for the plumbing company but I need my $125 deductible returned. If it is not refunded in the next 3 business days I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Please promptly assist and resolve!

American Home Shield Cons: Whole process to resolve the problem, Nightmare when they choose to ignore the issue.

Comments