3.2K views
Service Scheduling

If you need to cancel your contract with them, my suggestion is you contact your bank and cancel the debit card (or however method they are charging you) - that will get their attention (even though it's inconvenient for you).

I recently went through this same thing! On hold for anywhere from 30 minutes to over 1 hour without a live person ever picking up. NO MATTER what number you call you are on indefinite hold.

I ended doing 2 things:

#1 - Filling in their online form via: https://www.ahs.com/contact/ and there's a part at the bottom portion where they will "contact you" - biggest joke ever!!

#2 - Sending them a Certified Mail, Return Receipt letter cancelling the contract to their PO Box in Iowa.

We just got a letter in the mail - retroactively cancelling the contract on July 15 and telling us that there would was no refund due - even though we'd pay them for 30 days of service.

I agree with you 1,000% - their Customer Service is horrendous and all they care about is getting your money every month.

If you need a Home Warranty Company - go elsewhere!!!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at American Home Shield. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants American Home Shield to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by American Home Shield and american home shield customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

An awful company to deal with.

#1511943

I agree whole-heartedly. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CONSTANTLY UPSET AND DISSATISFIED. HIGHLY INCOMPETENT.

Another step is to contact AHS Parent Company at www.servicemaster.com

I called american home shield and used the billing questions option and said "something else"... took me straight to a person within 2 minutes...

he wanted to transfer me but I asked him please dont is there anyway he could help me so I dont have to wait for 2 hrs on hold. He submitted a cancellation from, took my billing info off and gave me a order number.

I'm now waiting for a call to confirm from the cancellation department. Hope this helps

All the reviews below are true. I did experienced the same issue.

And remember that if you cancel before your contract ends AHS will charge 1 month fee as admin fee. And it took around 45 mins to get connected to customer service.

#1419682

Thank you for your warning about American Home Shield. I am going through the same issue with them.

I've been trying to call them for over the past 4 days. I've waiting for HOURS on the phone and have called many times waiting and waiting before the line gets disconnected. I have no way to contact them in order to cancel my contract within the 30 day period. There is no way to leave a message on their website without "requesting" for service or a quote.

I am going to take your suggestion and write them a letter. Did they ever contact you back? Were you able to cancel without paying any cancellation fees? This is ridiculous how I can't even cancel because I can't even get through to their customer service.

I'm taking your suggestion to dispute the charge with my credit card. I've also reported them and made a complaint through BBB.

We all need to stand against this abuse. I called in 2016, and requested them to cancel, and on top of that they renewed my policy without notify me.

They say they will repair my A/C, and they did not cover anything and gave me an estimate of $5k. This is Insane