Verified Reviewer

2.3

We are customers of American Home Shield for years. Recently I have had the most terrible experience ever.

MY account no is 27484****. The refrigerator stopped working on August 16, so I called AHS the same day to ask for service. The agent gave me Sears as the contractor to repair the frige. The contractor gave me the first appointment available as Friday afternoon August 20th.

When the technician came (around 5p.m.) he told us that the all the following items need to be replaced:

-the compressor

-the condenser

-the evaporator

-the valve

-the drier

The technician called AHS about all these items and the agent told him that if the frige can be repaired he should go ahead and they approved the repair solution. I called AHS after the technician left to ask for the frig to be replaced rather than repaired with all these parts and the workmanship but they told me that they are going to ask Sears for their decision first given that the frig is 11 years old. I had to wait till the following Monday since it was the weekend and Sears was closed.

I called AHS again on the following Monday (August 23rd), and they told me to wait 24 to 48 hours for their decision. I told that I am willing to contribute to the price of a new frige if they agree to replace it.

I did not hear anything from AHS, so I called again on Tuesday, and this time i asked to speak to the supervisor because the agent did not give me any answers. The agent said the supervisor is busy and she cannot come to the phone but I insisted on speaking with the supervisor. After a long wait, the agent again told me again that the supervisor is busy. I insisted again and the supervisor came after another long wait.

She told me that she is going to escalate my request and let me know ( the phone call took one hour and 45 minutes). Again no answer from AHS, So I called on Wednesday, and the agent kept going in circles about the decision from Sears and the authorisation department in AHS and the 24-48 hours to reply.

Lastly I called AHS yesterday (Thursday) and after another long battle with the agent to speak to the supervisor, I got the supervisor on the phone who told me that AHS is a repair company and does not replace any devices and that the option for me to be given the money of the cost of the repairs so I can buy a new refrigerator is a different procedure and has to go through another department.

So I gave up and hang up.

I feel completely angry and would like to point out the following things

- This is not the way to handle problems with customers, keep them waiting on the line for a long time and telling them the supervisor is not available

- there should be a supervisor available to look into problems that the regular agent cannot solve and the supervisor should be a real supervisor who can differentiate between the different issues and can prioritize them and be able to take a decision and not keep going in circles and repeating the same things that the customers already knows.

- the supervisors should be honest in their answers and let the customer know exactly where he stands and not keep him on a string.

- the customer time is valuable and should be respected authorisation department in AHS and the 24-48 hours. Lastly I

Product or Service Mentioned: Kenmore Refrigerator.

American Home Shield Pros: Assign a contractor immediately.

Comments